Derbyshire County Council 's white van plan 'will save £455,000'
Derbyshire County Council is set to save more than £450,000 by simply changing the colour of its vans.
The county council currently forks out from £1,000 to £2,000 on its vehicles to have them painted in its trademark orange.
But the authority has now decided to scrap the scheme and will replace the outgoing vehicles with plain white ones.
MORE NEWS: Steve McClaren in talks over shock return to Derby County There are currently 483 vehicles in the fleet, 440 of which have been painted orange. The council said its 44 gritting and emergency response vehicles would continue to be orange for... read more
- 14:09 Unique project aims to revitalise Blyth’s market
- 14:08 Paul Ince to Middlesbrough: Former England star reacts to...
- 14:09 London attack: Reaction from North-East politicians
- 14:09 ISIS says it was behind London terror attack
- 14:08 Sebastian Vettel reveals Ferrari expectations ahead of Australian...
- 14:08 Gareth Southgate hails Liverpool and Tottenham duo after Germany...
- 14:08 THIS is as crucial as BLOOD pressure for heart health - but do YOU...
- 14:08 ISIS says it was behind London terror attack
- 14:07 More support for victims of domestic abuse in Derbyshire
- 14:07 A DRIVING FORCE: On the road with patient transport volunteer - VIDEO
- 14:07 Man found dead in Wetherpoon toilets by cleaner next day
- 14:06 YP Letters: Why shale gas could transform rural life for the better
- 14:07 ISIS says it was behind London terror attack
- 14:06 YP Letters: High-speed train proves a brain drain
- 14:06 YP Letters: Computers get in way between GP and patient
- 14:06 Fleetwood midfielder George Glendon still available for selection...
- 14:06 Erdogan says Bulgaria's pressure on Turks "unacceptable"
- 14:06 Cheers from wedding guests after door dilemma makes Emily and...
- 14:05 Second Birmingham flat raided over London terror attack
- 14:05 Over one million UK homeowners on wrong mortgage deal
- 14:05 Time to reward our dedicated volunteers
- 14:05 Everton transfer target admits he fancies move to big club
- 14:04 Peter is Spalding’s Cake King for World Autism Awareness Week
- 14:04 Dogs rescued after house fire
- 14:04 Fancy getting a fossil named after you like David Attenborough?...
- 14:04 Westminster Bridge re-opens less than 24 hours after terror attack
- 14:04 Woman calls out man who suggests her breastfeeding is ‘too far’...
- 14:03 Mosque leaders condemn “vile” terror attack
- 14:02 Schools are ‘betrayed’ as budgets cut
- 14:02 Increased police patrols planned for town centre