Derby's Eagle Market and Market Hall - what YOU think should happen to them in the future
Derby Telegraph readers have been eager to tell us what they think after a store owner announced he was closing down his Derby city centre shop - because he cannot afford the high rent charged by the city council.
In particular, the focus of the debate has been around the future of the Eagle Market and also the number of empty units in Derby's Market Hall.
The discussion began on both the Derby Telegraph website and its Facebook page after Roshan Gogna, owner of haberdashery store Ashton Fabrics, in Theatre Walk, announced he was closing his shop because of the high rental rates.
He also... read more
- 15:59 Ahead in the clouds – tech is reshaping the way we live
- 15:59 Seven unusual and idyllic cottages in Scotland
- 15:59 Sports partnership aims to break down barriers
- 15:59 Adlington pensioner, 81, almost cheated out of £2,500
- 15:59 Councillors’ plea to health bosses to ‘tell it like it is’
- 15:57 Bigger bill for key hospital as rates rise
- 15:57 Opera review: Written On Skin at the Royal Opera House
- 15:57 Ayr Rugby Club set sights on catching Melrose after clinching place...
- 15:56 Australian Open: Dan Evans hoping to put past demons behind him...
- 15:55 Liberty Global says Vodafone joint venture is not a deal blueprint
- 15:54 Police carry pregnant woman six miles through the snow on...
- 15:54 Wrexham prison to house first inmates in 40 day's time, according...
- 15:53 Comp: Win tickets to Liverpool v Swansea at Anfield for you and...
- 15:53 Wheelchair users in Supreme Court victory over pushchairs over who...
- 15:53 Police asked to investigate fraud allegations against two Labour...
- 15:53 Stunning starlings put on a show in Derbyshire
- 15:52 Burton Albion: Andy Garner's response when asked about Nigel Clough...
- 15:51 High school told it needs to improve
- 15:51 Poignant farewell for lifelong Imps fan after Lincoln City take a win
- 15:51 Holyhead man who armed himself with SIX KNIVES and threatened to...
- 15:50 Local man arrested on suspicion of multiple thefts from cars
- 15:49 Tony Bellew wants apology from David Haye this week for press...
- 15:49 Five ways Arsenal could line-up now Danny Welbeck is back in the mix
- 15:48 Plans for two new city centre car parks to be discussed by Coventry...
- 15:48 Tesco recalls potentially deadly curries over nut allergy fears
- 15:47 West Brom fans’ boost for Bradley Lowery at Sunderland’s away game...
- 15:47 When does morning sickness start and how long does it last?
- 15:47 2016 likely the warmest year since records began
- 15:45 YP Letters: NHS is a relic – it’s time to think again
- 15:45 Alan McCormack: Everything you need to know about Brentford man...