Derby party people in the 1950s celebrate Queen's Coronation
Derby's community life back in the 1950s was something special, as this picture shows.
People of all ages loves to come together to celebrate special events, and there was no better reason to have a party than a right royal occasion.
This picture was taken in 1953, just a few days before the Queen's Coronation. It was supplied to the Derby Telegraph by Val Cudworth, nee Millward, of Alvaston, and shows residents of Canal Street, New Street, John Street and Siddals Road preparing for a party on Canal Street.
MORE NOSTALGIA: Derby County nostalgia: How Brian Clough got Roy McFarland out of... read more
- 10:40 Ellesmere Port smart motorway project on ice, Government reveals
- 10:40 Tea party to honor Hickling Pre-school’s 50th anniversary
- 10:40 Ambulance hero helped transform 999 service
- 10:39 OAP charged after girl, 3, hit by car at pedestrian crossing
- 10:39 Grenfell Tower: Polyethylene cladding on scores of towers
- 10:38 Help to fight crime in Burnley and Padiham
- 10:38 Remedy Gin Bar's 'Tough Mudders' raise £2,000 for hospice
- 10:38 Coins unearthed – 700 years later
- 10:38 Police investigating hit and run crash
- 10:38 Campaign for new cross-border rail link gathers pace
- 10:37 Toddler refused entry from The Hydro Pool in Harrogate "over old £1"
- 10:37 CCTV released after shop thefts in Skegness
- 10:37 Chelsea stars ‘texting’ ex-No.2 Steve Holland as relationship with...
- 10:37 Minister: Mortgage lenders 'should consider rent payment record'
- 10:37 Cromford canal tripboat scoops certificate of excellence
- 10:37 Police involved in 21 operations to tackle modern slavery and human...
- 10:36 16 essential non-food items your local foodbank needs this Christmas
- 10:36 Walney residents report 'abandoned' car left on main road for four...
- 10:36 Want to sleep like a baby? Don't shut your eyes, keep them wide...
- 10:36 Two men attack victim in bungled robbery
- 10:36 Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak admits he WON'T upgrade to the £999...
- 10:35 Hero Harry is honoured for D-Day bravery
- 10:35 EastEnders star Lorna Fitzgerald opens up about her exit as...
- 10:35 Thief jailed for syringe threat
- 10:35 Justin Bieber fan, 40, arrested at star’s home
- 10:35 Tot almost killed when she is dragged inside faulty tumble dryer
- 10:35 Woman faked pregnancy and cancer to scam charity out of almost £1,300
- 10:35 'You b****!' Mum's shock as talking doll from Argos 'swears' at...
- 10:34 SYHA announce refurbishment of flagship Glen Nevis hostel
- 10:34 Victorian painting of Warwick to go to auction