Derby mother accused of leaving bruises on her son launches bid to clear her name
A mother accused of leaving bruises on her young son has launched an Appeal Court bid to clear herself of suspicion.
The woman, from the Derby area but who cannot be identified, was found by a family judge earlier this year to be one of the "possible perpetrators" of the boy's injuries.
But she insists she did nothing to harm the youngster and has now been given the chance to put her case before a senior judge.
She told Lord Justice MacFarlane, sitting at the Court of Appeal, in London, that she is currently allowed to see her son just twice a week.
READ MORE: Addict who... read more
- 12:12 Murder accused held in custody over death of a 55-year-old woman at...
- 12:11 Josh Hanson murder: Shane O'Brien on world's 'most wanted' list
- 12:11 Lancashire's longest serving magistrate retires today on his 70th...
- 12:11 Bank holiday pharmacy opening time for Wakefield district
- 12:11 Man appears in court accused of murdering Sheffield toddler
- 12:09 Leamington shoppers discuss what equality means to them
- 12:08 Thomas says there has not yet been any ‘detailed interest’ in...
- 12:08 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Disney-inspired charity bike run
- 12:08 Unai Emery sees massive potential in Arsenal youngsters Ainsley...
- 12:07 Brave Carlisle police officer rugby tackles man brandishing...
- 12:06 Get in step for 1940s weekend with dance lessons
- 12:06 Police hunt for on-the-run Sunderland rape suspect
- 12:06 The death of Brendan Ingle - farewell to one of the world's most...
- 12:06 Man appears in court accused of murdering Sheffield toddler
- 12:06 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Old Leake pupils organise music competition
- 12:06 RECENT NOSTALGIA: New tyre play areas at Wyberton school
- 12:06 Man guilty of trying to kill WW2 veteran with hammer
- 12:04 Lancashire's longest serving magistrate retires today on his 70th...
- 12:04 Planning on travelling by Metro this weekend? Bank Holiday...
- 12:04 Rare memorial ring for Lord Byron is up for auction
- 12:04 Models back the Respect Program to tackle sexual abuse in fashion
- 12:03 Whiteside in squad for Sofia
- 12:03 What time is the Champions League final and what channel is...
- 12:03 SNP Growth Commission: Scots banks would move HQs to London if...
- 12:02 6 delicious gluten free places to eat in Edinburgh
- 12:01 Quest to find relatives of First World War fallen - as plans for...
- 12:01 Bank Holiday weather: What to expect hour-by-hour in Yorkshire over...
- 11:59 Get in step for 1940s weekend with dance lessons
- 11:59 Rarely-seen garden gems to go on show
- 11:59 Hollie is named Spittal Gala Queen