Derby ice cream-making dairy farm is up for national award
A dairy farm on the outskirts of Derby is up for a national award for diversifying into making ice cream.
Farmers Geoffrey and Rosemary Brown, who run Bluebells Dairy at Brunswood Farm, in Locko Road, Spondon, have been shortlisted for a British Farming Award. The awards recognise the "hard work, innovation and determination" of British farmer, showcasing their achievements.
The Browns have been shortlisted in the Diversification Innovator of the Year category, for branching out into making luxury ice cream. The couple struck upon the idea for selling ice cream made with milk from... read more
- 10:04 Could you be a town councillor in Stamford?
- 10:04 M&G lifts UK property funds suspension
- 10:04 DANGEROUS DOGS: 1,500 out-of-control dogs reported to Northants police
- 10:03 Chester woman celebrates Hospice Care Week in verse
- 10:03 Tarporley show jumper on course for national championships
- 10:03 Police release e-fit of man suspected of pulling down woman’s hijab
- 10:02 Police in Barrow issue advice on wearing clown costumes for Halloween
- 10:02 Kenilworth barbershop singers to perform in one-off concert
- 10:02 Chelsea captain John Terry set to miss Man United clash with...
- 10:01 By-election to be held for former prime minister David Cameron’s...
- 10:01 Police issue image of car in relation to Banbury attempted murder
- 10:01 Chance to get involved in plan
- 10:01 Appeal to find missing Warwick woman
- 10:01 Councillors allay fears over relocation of Visions Children’s...
- 10:01 Meet the man behind the gruelling 10K Wolf Run
- 10:00 Hard Brexit ‘would spell disaster for many farms’
- 10:00 Rangers ace Niko Kranjcar in crock shock - Ibrox chiefs fear...
- 09:59 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho reacts to Paul Pogba-Wayne Rooney Europa...
- 09:59 Shkodran Mustafi sends message to Arsenal stars: We have to keep...
- 09:59 Alain Juppe says Calais migrant checks should return to UK
- 09:59 Man United enter transfer battle with Liverpool and Leicester for...
- 09:59 Expected Chelsea XI: How Antonio Conte will take on Man United with...
- 09:58 Three Conservation Areas have been put on the at risk register
- 09:59 PICTURE: Mysterious Turin Shroud-style horse's head appears on...
- 09:58 Aberfan remembered 50 years on: Minute's silence to honour 144 killed
- 09:58 Two vehicle smash closes busy road
- 09:58 Competition watchdog to probe online gambling firms amid unfair...
- 09:57 Yorkshire businesses ‘can benefit massively’ from American...
- 09:57 Is this the longest marriage in Brid?
- 09:57 Arsene Wenger tells Mesut Ozil Arsenal is the perfect club for him...