Derby ice cream-making dairy farm is up for national award
A dairy farm on the outskirts of Derby is up for a national award for diversifying into making ice cream.
Farmers Geoffrey and Rosemary Brown, who run Bluebells Dairy at Brunswood Farm, in Locko Road, Spondon, have been shortlisted for a British Farming Award. The awards recognise the "hard work, innovation and determination" of British farmer, showcasing their achievements.
The Browns have been shortlisted in the Diversification Innovator of the Year category, for branching out into making luxury ice cream. The couple struck upon the idea for selling ice cream made with milk from... read more
- 07:50 Transfer News: Arsenal’s Cazorla replacement, Chelsea eye £38m bid,...
- 07:50 Russia says close to reaching understanding on Aleppo with U.S. - Ifax
- 07:48 Former Caralot partner Jamie Caple apologises after Spondon firm...
- 07:47 New average speed cameras on a Lincolnshire road catch 190 speeding...
- 07:47 Driver in disbelief over parking ticket for being 10 SECONDS late
- 07:47 Why are the swans disappearing from Brayford Pool in Lincoln?
- 07:47 New home for flood-hit centre
- 07:47 Barton under Needwood became a different place the day Arnold...
- 07:46 Gay priest loses appeal in discrimination claim against Church
- 07:45 M1 reopens after 17-hour closure due to lorry crash
- 07:45 Leicestershire weather: Cloudy with rain to start, clearing later.
- 07:45 Scunthorpe firm sees surge in sales after receiving cash boost
- 07:45 Humberside Police rated 'good' for legitimacy
- 07:45 Rochdale game is the only focus for Scunthorpe says manager Graham...
- 07:45 Humberside Police has highest grievance rate in the country
- 07:45 £6.5m futuristic flats plan for Scunthorpe town centre
- 07:45 'Tent town' row as council found only one of the protesters to be...
- 07:44 UK online supermarket Ocado's sales growth dips
- 07:43 Schoolboy lunges at people with a knife before being shot by police
- 07:43 Couple who left newborn with ‘catastrophic injuries’ to go to...
- 07:43 Here's what pupils of transgender Hull teacher Claire Birkenshaw...
- 07:43 Man returns overdue library book 120 years later
- 07:43 Where can you buy Hull City Of Culture 2017 merchandise?
- 07:43 Hero rugby players push ambulance free after it became stuck in...
- 07:43 Saints scrum-half Groom raring to go after honeymoon period
- 07:42 People can’t stop taking the p*ss out of Montreal’s sad Christmas tree
- 07:42 Half of UK workers 'have their heads in the sand over pensions' -...
- 07:42 RACHEL RICKARD STRAUS: What if customers wrote the Ts & Cs? That...
- 07:41 Sports Direct profits slump after Brexit hit to pound
- 07:41 New York deli owner from Keswick badly injured in motorbike crash