Derby County are now the LOUDEST football club in Britain after new £750K speaker system installed
Derby County are set to become the LOUDEST football club in Britain at their match against Leeds on Saturday.
Club chairman Mel Morris has revealed the club has spent £750,000 on installing the loudest public address system at any football ground in the country.
The sound will hit 105 decibels - equivalent to listening to music on an Ipod or a tractor driving by. By comparison, 115 decibels is equivalent to a rock concert or chainsaw, and 95 decibels is equivalent to a petrol lawnmower or hair dryer. The speaker system will be switched on for the first time at the Leeds game.
OTHER NEWS:... read more
- 17:07 Pregnant Billie Faiers showcases her blossoming baby bump in casual...
- 17:07 'I actually genuinely feel sick!': Megan McKenna reveals she's...
- 17:07 Tottenham winger Moussa Sissoko facing retrospective ban after THIS...
- 17:07 Top 10 rules to avoid those etiquette faux pas at a dinner party
- 17:07 Young take over council
- 17:06 Car damaged in 'random act of stupidity'
- 17:04 North Lincolnshire Council adapts to changing face of local government
- 17:04 Doncaster MP Caroline Flint calls for tougher sentences for anyone...
- 17:02 Hairless hamster gets new sweater as winter approaches
- 17:01 Grimsby Town 0 Cheltenham Town 1 RESULT: Mariners slump to...
- 17:01 Anglesey man finds unusual way of commuting to work...using a...
- 17:00 Backlash after Wonder Woman is made a UN amabassador
- 16:58 Ed Miliband speaks out on Gary Lineker row over views on refugee...
- 16:56 Lincoln City donates equipment to junior team after devastating fire
- 16:55 France vs England LIVE as Hull FC's Scott Taylor aims to impress
- 16:54 WATCH: Annoyed plane passenger films brilliant revenge on 'armrest...
- 16:52 Curry house voted the best in Derbyshire
- 16:52 Liverpool fans convinced Steven Gerrard is coming home after LA...
- 16:51 Line-ups: Adam Lallana returns for Liverpool to face West Brom at...
- 16:50 Manchester United winger Memphis sends message to fans and Mourinho
- 16:48 See Aston Villa striker Gabby Agbonlahor back in the box
- 16:46 Marcus Rashford promises Man United will ‘get in Chelsea’s faces’
- 16:45 Liverpool vs West Brom, Premier League LIVE: Can Jurgen Klopp's...
- 16:44 British man found dead outside Malaga airport
- 16:44 41 artists to display work on straw bales!
- 16:44 Calais ‘Jungle’ camp to be completely demolished on Monday
- 16:44 Fire crews called to car accident in South Shields town centre
- 16:40 OAP, 88, killed in Birmingham Road hit-run - as driver flees the scene
- 16:40 Doncaster MP Caroline Flint calls for tougher sentences for anyone...
- 16:40 On track for salary success! More than 15,000 apply for train...