Derby-born scientist Dr Mark Towler invents test that can predict risk of bone fractures
A Derby-born scientist has invented a revolutionary test that can predict the risk of bone fractures.
By simply filling in a questionnaire and sending off a finger nail clipping, customers who use the kit can find out if they will be liable to broken hips when they are older.
Former Noel-Baker School pupil Dr Mark Towler came up with the idea 10 years ago and the product, called the Osentia Osteoporosis Screening Kit, is set to be released in Superdrug stores around the country at the start of next year.
Dr Towler, 45, grew up in Grange Road, Alvaston, and now lives in Toronto, Canada.
IN... read more
- 18:10 Raising the stakes when Rainbow House held a Las Vegas casino ball
- 18:09 Barcelona boss Luis Enrique buoyed by Andres Iniesta's return ahead...
- 18:09 Front-running Ar Mad can continue Gary Moore's run of success in...
- 18:09 Adam Peaty's coach Mel Marshall to take up lead role in...
- 18:09 Police close Grantham street after man refuses to leave balcony
- 18:09 EU ministers back caps on wholesale mobile phone roaming fees
- 18:08 RE teacher from Northamptonshire who had more than 250 images of...
- 18:08 Takeaway was so filthy inspectors shut it down on the spot
- 18:07 Bemrose School, Derby, to take 600 more pupils because of its huge...
- 18:06 Pesky pigeon blocks time lapse camera filming Hull city centre works
- 18:06 Car ends up on roof after crashing into ditch near Goole
- 18:03 U.S. House adopts massive defence bill, sees changes under Trump
- 18:02 Sympathy for Ohio campus attacker's 'pain' triggers fury
- 18:00 Benefits of daily asprin outweigh risks
- 17:58 LIVE traffic and travel as rush hour traffic causes gridlock
- 17:57 Holloway issues rallying cry to players and supporters
- 17:56 Syrian rebels and families leave another town near Damascus
- 17:55 Lancaster MP Cat Smith backs Small Business Saturday
- 17:54 Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe: This Liverpool player was destined to...
- 17:53 Theo Walcott in, Sergio Aguero out: The changes to make to your...
- 17:53 Train fares to go up by 2.3% - here's how Leicestershire commuters...
- 17:53 West Midlands rail services delayed after person hit by train
- 17:53 Britain braces for freezing conditions as winter bites
- 17:53 Exclusive - Trump financier Ladder Capital explores sale: sources
- 17:53 Power of psychedelic drugs to lift mental distress shown in trials
- 17:50 Wolfsburg open to selling Julian Draxler in January transfer window
- 17:49 Burton Albion daily digest: what are Brewers loanees up to, FA Cup...
- 17:49 Congress calls for a war games 'flyoff' between 40 year old A-10...
- 17:49 DON'T make fun weekend plans: Researchers say too much planning...
- 17:49 Green light is given to the 2020 Mars ExoMars mission - but will...