Demand for highly skilled finance and technology staff gives professionals a head start in the 2017 salary stakes
Starting salaries for professional managers in the accountancy and finance sectors look set to rise by up to 5.8 per cent next year on competition for hard-to-find talent.
For more junior roles in accountancy or finance, staff can expect a pay rise of around 2.9 per cent in 2017, according to recruiters Robert Half's latest survey.
With the 'digital economy' adding £87billion to the economy, highly skilled technology experts are also in line for a pay rise of up to 4.5 per cent next year.
Mobile app developers at the top of their game should set themselves up for a pay rise of up to 4.3 per... read more
- 01:06 Church of England offers prayers read by Amazon's Alexa
- 01:00 The Yorkshire Post says: A modest hero. 103-year-old poppy seller’s...
- 01:00 The Yorkshire Post says: Transparency test. Academies must reveal...
- 00:56 Sudoku 4068 hard
- 00:51 Edinburgh Tattoo set to go on the road overseas every year
- 00:48 Graham Richardson: Why Brexit could uproot success of Yorkshire...
- 00:48 Jayne Dowle: Why Meghan’s quiet revolution will make Royal history
- 00:39 EU split over exclusion of UK from Galileo after Brexit
- 00:33 Irish abortion referendum: The women travelling #HomeToVote
- 00:32 Teen arrested in Hertfordshire on suspicion of terrorism offences
- 00:30 Independent Scotland in line for £22bn breakaway bonanza, SNP...
- 00:29 MPs will vote on Brexit legislation in weeks so May can avoid...
- 00:26 NHS needs £2,000 in tax from every household to stay afloat – report
- 00:23 Buy a masterpiece for 65p! New stamps by Tracey Emin, Yinka...
- 00:19 Brexit deal cannot include return to hard border - Jeremy Corbyn
- 00:17 UK's new Sea Ceptor missile system enters into service
- 00:15 Lucy Bronze targets Champions League glory with Lyon in Kiev
- 00:13 Hundreds of schools have had no Ofsted inspection for a decade –...
- 00:10 Corbyn presses May to end Stormont deadlock in Northern Ireland
- 00:06 Alarming dive in Farnes puffin numbers
- 00:06 England World Cup squad: Jack Butland gutted by Joe Hart axing by...
- 00:02 NHS needs £2,000 in tax from every household to stay afloat – report
- 23:52 Here are some dogs who started on venomous adders and regretted it
- 23:52 Health Service Corbyn wipes the floor with May over NHS failings
- 23:52 Maurizio Sarri’s agent jets in to London for Chelsea talks after...
- 23:51 Facebook group hosts reunion
- 23:44 Iran's leader: US pullout from nuclear deal leaves Trump 'lost in...
- 23:41 Link found between severe eczema and heart problems
- 23:32 Link found between severe eczema and heart problems
- 23:26 BMW PGA Championship: Rory McIlroy wants the Wentworth spark to...