Deliveroo and UberEATS cyclists shamed by police for failing to stop at red lights
Food delivery cyclists who fail to stop at red lights in Liverpool have been shamed by police on Twitter.
Merseyside Police’s Road Policing Unit shared two shocking videos showing the cyclists – who appear to work for UberEATS and Deliveroo – putting their lives in danger by flouting the rules of the road.
The first clip, shared at just before 9.15pm on Sunday, shows a cyclist passing through a red light at the junction of Hanover Street and Duke Street.
Couriers for the restaurant delivery firms and their food boxes are now a regular sight on the streets of the city centre.
Twenty minutes... read more
- 13:17 Fake 'council tree cutters' try to lie their way into elderly man's...
- 13:17 After Fionn now Storm Georgina could be on its way bringing gales...
- 13:17 Man accused of Leicester hospital stab attack appears in court
- 13:16 Residents helped keep traffic moving during snow chaos
- 13:16 Woman drove elbow into fellow drinker’s head in pub attack
- 13:16 Man seriously injured in New Ferry explosion recovering after...
- 13:16 Ahed Tamimi: Spotlight turns on Palestinian viral slap video teen
- 13:16 East Midlands businesses invited to comment on Heathrow Airport...
- 13:16 I had to convince mum my new diet was a good idea, says footballer...
- 13:16 University of Cumbria’s fetal research listed among most important...
- 13:15 East Midlands businesses invited to comment on Heathrow Airport...
- 13:15 Final beam in place on iconic building
- 13:15 Leyland woman accused of murdering baby denies the accusation
- 13:15 Preston traders affected by improvement works say it's business as...
- 13:14 Man who sparked manhunt after walking out of magistrates court...
- 13:14 Met Office warns that Lincolnshire is facing nine hours of...
- 13:14 Funding page set up to pay for funeral of woman who died on New...
- 13:13 Guinea healer held over faking hundreds of pregnancies
- 13:13 UN alarmed as US cuts aid to Palestinian refugee agency
- 13:12 Rare first edition Harry Potter worth £40,000 stolen
- 13:12 Police Academy director Hugh Wilson dies
- 13:12 MP raises issue of poor patient transport services
- 13:12 PICTURES: Busy Mansfield road closed after car hits pedestrian
- 13:11 ‘New California’ declares independence to become 51st US state
- 13:09 Sir Desmond Swayne 'embarrassed' by Commons snooze
- 13:09 MP raises issue of poor patient transport services
- 13:09 Quiz: How much of a Stormzy fan are you?
- 13:09 NHS 'haemorrhaging' nurses, experts say
- 13:09 Liverpool's Marko Grujic to join Cardiff on loan as Middlesbrough...
- 13:09 Floyd Mayweather rides a horse on the beach as boxing legend...