Delivering a special kind of support for all
When illness strikes then families need to be together, says Ann Butterfield
As A former carer and now a member of the board of trustees at a respite break charity, I am in a unique position to know first-hand the importance of high-quality respite for the growing numbers of people who find themselves in a full-time caring role.
My journey from carer to trustee started when my husband Jim was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS) in 1991, just a few months after our first son was born in 1990. Jim’s MS then dominated the next 20 years of our lives. He had primary progressive MS, which is a... read more
- 00:53 Some unusual variations on show in town
- 00:52 Half of Scarborough residents want to remain in single market...
- 00:44 Ambulance staff face rise in physical and verbal sexual assaults
- 00:44 Children of alcoholic parents to get help in £6m scheme
- 00:43 Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino admits he may DOWNGRADE FA Cup...
- 00:43 Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk serves up soothing Roma therapy...
- 00:43 Neymar told why he must join Real Madrid and cannot afford to stay...
- 00:42 One in eight birds is threatened with extinction, global study finds
- 00:42 More than 60% of Harrogate residents would vote to remain in Europe...
- 00:42 Michael Cohen case shines light on Sean Hannity's property empire
- 00:42 Martin Lewis sues Facebook over fake ads with his name
- 00:41 More than 60% of Harrogate residents would vote to remain in Europe...
- 00:34 What does a Trump-Macron bromance mean for the world?
- 00:32 Eliza excels at dressage competition
- 00:31 Labour promises four more bank holidays if it wins general election
- 00:29 Big rise in numbers of NHS Tayside clinical staff retiring early
- 00:28 How one woman started a cosmetics empire at 29
- 00:28 Interest rates to rise twice this year, says EY Item Club
- 00:26 Manzoor Pashteen: How Pakistan's Pashtun found a voice
- 00:26 Viewpoint: The pitfalls of India's biometric ID scheme
- 00:25 Andrew Landry clinches maiden PGA Tour title at Valero Texas open...
- 00:25 Atletico Madrid 0-0 Real Betis: Bore draw leaves La Liga title...
- 00:25 Serie A players wear red paint on their cheeks to help raise...
- 00:25 More than 60% of Harrogate residents would vote to remain in Europe...
- 00:23 Derbyshire contestants wanted for The Family Chase
- 00:20 More than 60% of Harrogate residents would vote to remain in Europe...
- 00:20 Climate change: Michael Bloomberg offers $4.5m for Paris deal
- 00:15 St George’s Day: 5 other Georges worthy of being canonised as...
- 00:13 Snooker legend O’Sullivan thrills sell out crowd with exhibition
- 00:12 Britain needs gender equality quotas now, Fawcett Society says