Delays expected as M74 section closed for bridge demolition
A busy section of the M74 motorway has been closed as part of the £500m ongoing project to improve the road network.
Traffic between Scotland and England faces major disruption over the weekend.
North and southbound carriageways between J4 Maryville and J5 Raith were shut at 20:00 on Friday and were due to reopen at 06:00 on Monday.
It is for the safe demolition of Bothwellpark Road Bridge near Hamilton.
The weekend closure means there is no access from the M73 to the M74 southbound at J4 Maryville or to the M74 northbound at J5 Raith.
Signed diversion routes will be in place via the A725,... read more
- 08:59 Golborne disaster will always stay with me
- 08:58 Ukraine central bank denies reports of governor's resignation
- 08:57 It’s Pokemon Day! Plus there could be a massive new Pokemon Go update
- 08:57 Woman deported from Britain after 27 year marriage
- 08:57 Man arrested after assault in Leeds leaves victim seriously injured
- 08:56 Bank of England warns of counterfeit fivers - how to spot a fake
- 08:56 Anti-fracking protesters 'tried to breach' Preston New Road site
- 08:55 NHS misplaced half a million patient documents
- 08:54 Snow on the way after storm Ewan battered Scotland overnight
- 08:53 Only half of pregnant women in Merseyside get free flu jab despite...
- 08:53 More activities planned for the over 55s
- 08:53 Dozens of passengers refuse to get back on Ryanair flight after...
- 08:52 Russia's VTB plans to slim down in Europe, keep London as hub
- 08:52 Man arrested after assault in Leeds leaves victim seriously injured
- 08:51 New 'silver bullet' pill powered by your own stomach acid sends...
- 08:51 NASA says Donald Trump's request to send astronauts around the moon...
- 08:51 Samsung unveils TWO new tablet devices, but the launch is almost...
- 08:51 Well, if it ain't broke... Nokia relaunches its old classic 3310...
- 08:51 How women adopt baby talk when speaking to their dog by varying the...
- 08:51 Miscarriages for women on IVF 'double when the clocks go forward...
- 08:51 BlackBerry is BACK! Firm unveils KEYone device complete with a...
- 08:50 South Yorkshire detectives follow up new leads in murder probe
- 08:49 Jose Mourinho: This is how many signings I expect to make in the...
- 08:49 Antonio Conte: These two Chelsea players have really impressed me
- 08:49 Premier League top scorer odds: Who will win Golden Boot after...
- 08:47 Generali shares fall sharply after Intesa axes tie-up plan
- 08:44 Crepe master Xavier Bouchard shows you how to make the ultimate...
- 08:44 Housebuilder Persimmon's profits rise amid 'confident' market
- 08:44 MWC 2017: Sony launches slow-mo Xperia XZ Premium phone
- 08:44 'I won't seek re-election as Leicestershire police commissioner' -...