DeepMind teaches itself to navigate the London Underground: Google's secretive AI shows off human-like reasoning and memory skills
With 270 stations across 11 lines, navigating your way through the London Underground can be a difficult task.
But Google’s DeepMind artificial intelligence lab has taught a machine to navigate the intricate system on its own - something many tourists to the capital fail to master.
The system combines both data processing with self-learning code to navigate the system using human-like memory and reason.
HOW DOES IT WORK? While the task of navigating the London Underground is fairly simple, the way in which the new system learned the system is innovative.
The system works by combining an... read more
- 13:15 Critchley to join up with Lions squad Down Under
- 13:14 Rotarians get planting for polio
- 13:15 Toyota recall - C-HR and Prius Plug-In Hybrid Vehicles recalled...
- 13:14 East Lancashire's most wanted
- 13:15 Driver WARNING: Terrorists hackers 'could kill MILLIONS' by...
- 13:14 Award after award for shining Chatburn carers
- 13:14 Ribble Valley farmers enjoy strong trade at auction
- 13:13 Pupils give food to homeless
- 13:13 The Civic Society column with David Winpenny
- 13:15 Budget 2017 - Higher car tax for diesels drivers to be announced...
- 13:14 Axeman on scooter attempted robbery at Burnley store
- 13:13 North Rigton C of E School
- 13:13 The Harrogate theatre column with David Brown
- 13:14 Police investigate fire in public toilets
- 13:13 Cheque of note for charity
- 13:14 Person feared trapped in house fire
- 13:13 Leeds and Bradford men arrested after quad bike police chase near...
- 13:13 'Lazy planning' for traveller sites on Knaresborough Green Belt
- 13:14 Appeal to find missing boys
- 13:14 Commuting time on the rise in the North West
- 13:13 First steps for Harrogate Town's major stadium upgrade
- 13:13 Witnesses saw young men running away after burglary at Harrogate shop
- 13:14 HRH Prince Charles presents community hero with his MBE
- 13:13 Dear Reader: Housing and 'Nimbyism' + digital world's failings
- 13:14 Valley's X Factor star sails through to semi-finals
- 13:14 Video: All the action from the Grantham Journal Business Awards
- 13:13 ‘Look at what we’re doing’: Grayling comes out fighting on Northern...
- 13:14 More than 1,000 new jobs could be on the way to East Midlands Airport
- 13:13 £140,000 cost of bid to take over fire service
- 13:13 Poorly James missed the Queen in Hull due to hospital - now he...