Decision to remove South Yorkshire's Chief Constable branded 'unfair, disproportionate and unreasonable'
0 Have your say The Chief Inspector of Constabulary has described the decision to remove Chief Constable David Crompton from his post as 'conspicuously unfair, disproportionate and unreasonable'.
Sir Tom Winsor's views were expressed in correspondence with South Yorkshire's Police and Crime Commissioner, Alan Billings, while was debating the police chief's future.
The PCC called for Mr Crompton's immediate resignation yesterday over a statement he made following the conclusion of the Hillsborough disaster inquests.
He said Mr Crompton had 'sought to justify' the stance taken by his force's... read more
- 16:48 David Davis: Brexit 'as complicated as moon landing'
- 16:48 £8k funding boost for Derbyshire projects
- 16:48 Fire crews rescue horse from Derbyshire ditch
- 16:47 The ATM at 50: how a hole in the wall changed the world
- 16:47 Qatar facing indefinite isolation, UAE says
- 16:47 Coins thrown into plane engine by elderly passenger for 'luck'
- 16:47 Milestone for fashion firm
- 16:47 NHS training hub wins building award
- 16:47 $esc.html($content.name)
- 16:47 Residents angry as Doncaster recyling plan approved despite 'flies...
- 16:47 Little joy for pound as BoE tightens credit controls
- 16:47 Think tank voices soft-Brexit fears
- 16:47 New £130,000 soft play area comes to West Bridgford
- 16:47 Ryanair flight FR13 / RYR100T spotted circling East Midlands Airport
- 16:46 Tim Westwood, you’re my dream, can I date you and get that wax?
- 16:46 Britain's hottest new baby name revealed - and it may surprise you
- 16:46 GALLERY: Annual model show in Skegness attracts kids of all ages
- 16:45 Prosecute those who put flammable cladding on tower blocks says...
- 16:45 Girlguiding engineering badge created by Barrow shipyard trio is a hit
- 16:45 Gareth Bale performs incredible golf trick shot as Real Madrid star...
- 16:45 John McEnroe refuses to apologise to Serena Williams for rankings...
- 16:45 Thug raped vulnerable teenager in horrific ordeal at Coventry park
- 16:45 Alicia Keys photobombs selfie as dad and daughter say cheese at...
- 16:45 Closure threatened police counters cost nine times more per caller
- 16:44 Why are strawberries and cream a Wimbledon tradition?
- 16:43 Police drop probe after fox ripped apart by Atherstone Hunt's...
- 16:43 The ATM at 50: how a hole in the wall changed the world
- 16:42 Health inspectors rule first digital GP service is UNSAFE for...
- 16:42 Mother who gave birth to stillborn son after vomiting blood learns...
- 16:42 Scientists discover coffee could be the key to losing weight AND...