Decision looms over museum closures
0 Have your say Red House and Dewsbury museums could close as early as November if senior councillors approve cost-cutting changes to museum and gallery services across the district.
Kirklees Council announced plans to axe the museums, in Gomersal and Crow Nest Park, in July.
It said it faced “severe cutbacks in government funding” and had to make more than £350,000 worth of savings to its museums and galleries budget by next April.
Coun Graham Turner, cabinet member for Creative Kirklees, said: “It is clear that many residents love and value the buildings we have, but if we do not close... read more
- 11:16 Men win the battle of the taxes, says HMRC
- 11:16 Government loses Brexit Supreme Court battle over power to trigger...
- 11:16 Funding for housing
- 11:16 Public invited to Lincs East CCG Meeting in Woodhall Spa this Thursday
- 11:16 Myton School receive top award for their library
- 11:16 Kenilworth pair cook for world’s best chefs in France
- 11:16 Robert Fuller: Bounty for birds from wildlife friendly farming
- 11:16 Speeding fines are set to ROCKET to a week's wages
- 11:16 Social media users help capture fox injured by illegal trap in York
- 11:16 Irish town plagued with phone calls to Babestation chatline
- 11:16 Handsworth bus murder: Police release description of knife killer
- 11:16 10 wedding trends that will be everywhere in 2017
- 11:16 It doesn’t look likely that McDonald’s will bring all-day breakfast...
- 11:15 Simply the best: The top 30 players in the Premier League confirmed...
- 11:14 Joel Matip update: Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp finally ready to...
- 11:14 YouTuber becomes internet sensation as she promises sex show if she...
- 11:13 How did the filming of a music video end in tragedy?
- 11:13 Public invited to Lincs East CCG Meeting in Woodhall Spa this Thursday
- 11:13 People are genuinely concerned for Melania’s welfare following...
- 11:13 Why you shouldn’t secretly take a stranger’s photo and post it online
- 11:12 Will petrol prices in Derby keep on soaring?
- 11:12 Did you know you're living in a FOG CLOUD in Derby right now?
- 11:12 Social care gets £1m boost
- 11:12 Driving test changes due to affect Burton and South Derbyshire...
- 11:12 Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea in competition to sign...
- 11:12 Five stats that prove Alexis Sanchez is Arsenal's only hope of success
- 11:11 Ahenkorah set to miss next four Town games
- 11:11 Tesco accused of ripping off customers after toilet rolls appear to...
- 11:11 Transfer News: £26m Liverpool talks, striker’s Chelsea dream,...
- 11:11 Getting injected with a ‘romantic’ hormone could be the key to...