Death toll from capsized migrant boat off Egypt rises to 177
Eight more bodies from the wreck of a boat carrying hundreds of migrants were recovered from Mediterranean waters off Egypt on Tuesday, ambulance sources said, taking the death toll to 177.
The boat capsized off Burg Rashed, a coastal village in the Nile Delta, on Sept. 21. Rescue workers and fishermen said they had rescued at least 169 people, but confusion remained over how many might still be unaccounted for.
The spokesman for the Beheira regional governor said the shipwreck had been hoisted out of the depths and was likely to contain dozens more bodies.
The International Organization... read more
- 09:06 Cricket: Taylor back behind the stumps for World Cup
- 09:06 ELECTION 2017: Lib Dem manifesto – who is it for exactly?
- 09:06 Legendary status sure if he can turn humiliation around
- 09:06 Wales aims for joint bid for 2022 Commonwealth Games
- 09:06 Formula One: Hamilton ‘may never leave Mercedes’
- 09:06 Alessandra departure adds to new Pools boss Harrison’s need to find...
- 09:05 ELECTION 2017: Lib Dem manifesto – who is it for exactly?
- 09:05 'She'll always be a hero in everybody's hearts' - Hundreds gather...
- 09:05 Shields Ferry service to be suspended for repair work on landings
- 09:04 ELECTION 2017:Fact Check - if 30% more people under 25 vote, could...
- 09:04 Hipperholme engineer to take striking kit car to motor showtor
- 09:04 Over 1,000 classic cars, stunt show and monster trucks at Yorkshire...
- 09:04 Gogglebox star Kate Bottley refused entry to Rock City
- 09:04 Bomb factory flat of Manchester attacker revealed by landlord’s...
- 09:01 Whizzing round town with “Scooter Gran”
- 09:01 Gearing up for Dundee Design Festival
- 09:01 Arsenal v Chelsea predictions: Nine things that will definitely...
- 09:00 Foden hoping Saints skipper Wood avoids further punishment
- 08:58 Manchester City transfer target Kyle Walker decided in Spring that...
- 08:57 Manchester United player Marcus Rashford compared to Gazza by Gary...
- 08:56 The magic of Hogwarts comes to St Mary’s
- 08:55 DR MAX THE MIND DOCTOR: Why I'd ban ALL children from using Instagram
- 08:55 Broadband team heading out on the road in show season
- 08:53 South Yorkshire fire round up: Arsonists torch rubbish bins
- 08:52 Chelsea transfer news LIVE updates: Conte's Lukaku decision, £200m...
- 08:52 Union: KGH staff victims of ‘ludicrous’ £20 parking fees
- 08:52 Transfer News: Man Utd agree deal, Liverpool ready £50m bid,...
- 08:51 New venue making its mark in Tynemouth
- 08:50 Halifax profile: Key marginal whose political future hangs by a thread
- 08:50 Two more arrests in Manchester bomb probe as police raid new address