Death of investigative journalist sparks mass protests in Slovakia
Tens of thousands of Slovaks have rallied to demand the resignation of prime minister Robert Fico’s government following the murder of a journalist that has shocked the central European nation and stoked anger over sleaze in public life.
Jan Kuciak and his fiancee, Martina Kusnirova, both 27, were found shot dead at their home near Bratislava on 25 February. Police have said Kuciak’s death was “most likely” related to an investigation of his that resulted in an article on alleged ties between Slovakia’s top politicians and the Italian mafia, which his employer posthumously published.
Slovak... read more
- 01:07 Paramedics across the north west are going on strike today - and...
- 01:01 House of Lords fails to represent much of UK, pressure group says
- 01:01 David Dimbleby to step down as chair of BBC's Question Time
- 00:57 Paramedics across the north west are going on strike today - and...
- 00:53 Paramedics in Liverpool to go on strike today in pay dispute
- 00:53 Door closed on devolution deal, Mundell tells the SNP
- 00:53 Forces need £20bn to face Russia
- 00:51 Guatemala ends search for volcano victims with 200 still missing
- 00:51 Eight arrested after violence at Manchester cycling event
- 00:49 Barrow exhibition to celebrate 70 years of the NHS
- 00:47 'The day I was diagnosed was the worst of my life'
- 00:48 Brooks Koepka makes history in holding off Fleetwood to retain US...
- 00:47 Inside Tunisia's Shams Rad - the Arab world's 'only gay radio station'
- 00:47 The untold good news story of America today
- 00:47 Griffin: Unfair that Question Time was filmed in 'ethnically...
- 00:46 Technical college for ‘coldspot’ Doncaster wins go-ahead
- 00:42 BREAKING: Major 5.9 magnitude earthquake STRIKES Osaka region of Japan
- 00:41 Join the Great British Bee Count and get ‘buzzing’
- 00:40 Paramedics across the north west are going on strike today - and...
- 00:38 Eurydice Dixon: memorial to murdered comedian vandalised
- 00:38 State of emergency declared in Papua New Guinea after riots
- 00:38 Iván Duque wins election to become Colombia's president
- 00:38 More rail strikes to hit this week
- 00:35 Paramedics across the north west are going on strike today - and...
- 00:31 Join the Great British Bee Count and get ‘buzzing’
- 00:30 Paramedics across the north west are going on strike today - and...
- 00:27 UK makes Windrush Day official with £500k grant to support events
- 00:26 Join the Great British Bee Count and get ‘buzzing’
- 00:26 Sudoku 4089 easy
- 00:18 Brooks Koepka wins back-to-back US Open titles - reactions