Death crash aircraft pilot 'had no formal training', teacher's inquest told
A pilot who crashed a passenger plane almost vertically into a runway at 280mph (450kph) killing all 50 on board had no record of completing any training, an inquest has heard.
Donna Bull, 53, was travelling from Moscow for a marketing trip on board the Tatarstan Airlines jet when it crash landed at Kazan Airport in November 2013.
Coroner David Morris concluded that Ms Bull, who taught at Bellerbys College in Cambridge, was unlawfully killed, and said the pilot had "missed out on the basics".
The inquest at Peterborough Register Office heard the Boeing 727 aircraft had aborted one... read more
- 11:42 Charity's tribute to 'outstanding young man' Liam Curry after death...
- 11:42 New scheme to help develop youth football in Northamptonshire
- 11:41 Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic refuses to reveal...
- 11:41 Eight-year-old’s love for Ariana Grande could have saved her from...
- 11:41 Eddie Jones picks eight uncapped players for Barbarians as George...
- 11:41 Ajax's attacking talent flopped in Europa League final, but young...
- 11:41 UPDATED: Possible suspicious package in Manchester deemed safe
- 11:41 Antonio Valencia is Manchester United's unsung hero and lauded by...
- 11:41 Liverpool fans set up petition to remove Michael Owen as club...
- 11:39 WIN tickets to see Elbow at Forest Live
- 11:39 Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Manchester United intend to do this after...
- 11:39 Ander Herrera to Barcelona: Ernesto Valverde's line-up next season...
- 11:39 Bomb squad called to incident in Hulme
- 11:38 Housing market moving sideways, lenders say
- 11:38 David Silva pictured wearing Man City's new kit
- 11:38 Ansell offloads condom division for $600m
- 11:37 New Warwick mayor follows wife’s footsteps in new role
- 11:37 Indy 500: How to watch Fernando Alonso in action on TV and live stream
- 11:37 BREAKING: Army and bomb disposal team called to incident in Manchester
- 11:37 Wicked: Over The Rainbow finalist Sophie Evans cast as Glinda the...
- 11:37 Where is Phillip Schofield? This Morning viewers left confused as...
- 11:37 University pays tribute to 'well-liked' student Liam Curry after...
- 11:36 Laura keen to end season on a high
- 11:36 Revealed: The one shop our readers want to open in Leicester
- 11:36 You can help put Scotland’s core paths on the map
- 11:34 Manchester terror attack: Chorley travel agents “went the extra mile”
- 11:34 Tories stay silent over leader election
- 11:34 Travellers given until 10am tomorrow to move off Northampton park
- 11:34 BREAKING: Army and bomb disposal team called to incident in Manchester
- 11:34 RECRUITMENT: Jobs fair for Rushden Lakes tomorrow