Death crash aircraft pilot 'had no formal training', teacher's inquest told
A pilot who crashed a passenger plane almost vertically into a runway at 280mph (450kph) killing all 50 on board had no record of completing any training, an inquest has heard.
Donna Bull, 53, was travelling from Moscow for a marketing trip on board the Tatarstan Airlines jet when it crash landed at Kazan Airport in November 2013.
Coroner David Morris concluded that Ms Bull, who taught at Bellerbys College in Cambridge, was unlawfully killed, and said the pilot had "missed out on the basics".
The inquest at Peterborough Register Office heard the Boeing 727 aircraft had aborted one... read more
- 01:26 Dentist fines: Mistakes over addresses hitting thousands
- 01:25 World War 3: USA has ‘NO COHERENT PLAN’ to deal with North Korea,...
- 01:25 John Mousinho leaves Burton Albion and joins Oxford United
- 01:24 Why Zimbabwe has a 'Minister of WhatsApp'
- 01:05 Amir Khan calls out Floyd Mayweather but domestic rival Kell Brook...
- 01:05 James Haskell seeks upturn in Wasps form to boost his chances of...
- 01:01 ‘No deal’ Brexit would cost Tayside and Fife nearly £4bn, say...
- 00:59 Generation game in Gomersal
- 00:58 Mosul: Culture and concerts where IS once reigned
- 00:50 US style restaurant chain reveals location of next site
- 00:42 Heckmondwike man killed in Cleckheaton car crash
- 00:42 Subsidised bus services to be scrapped
- 00:32 Mercedes in harmony as Lewis Hamilton joins the party in Austin...
- 00:27 Harry Kane wants to become 'one of the best players in the world'...
- 00:27 Man City news: Gabriel Jesus insists Sergio Aguero deserves his...
- 00:27 Man Utd news: Juan Mata insists Huddersfield defeat was a one-off
- 00:24 EastEnders spoilers: Huge Christmas drama ahead for Lauren, Abi and...
- 00:24 EastEnders spoilers: Knife horror for Tina Carter leads to hit and...
- 00:24 Mel B ‘chucks out ex Stephen Belafonte’s stuff leaving him only...
- 00:22 Paris accord: US and Syria alone as Nicaragua signs
- 00:22 Emma Hayes will not replace Mark Sampson as England women's boss...
- 00:20 Album round-up with Ian Sinclair
- 00:20 Ever true to his roots
- 00:20 Bleak yet beautiful fictions of near-future disintegration
- 00:20 Ron’s gone: Everton can Koeman as Toffees sit 18th
- 00:20 England ‘raring to go’ despite losing first ODI
- 00:20 Caixinha slams shameful Rangers performance
- 00:20 Trouble in the hermit kingdom: Life in Korea before the war
- 00:20 The vampire kangaroo and the great sewage swindle
- 00:20 A genius beyond all category