Death crash aircraft pilot 'had no formal training', teacher's inquest told
A pilot who crashed a passenger plane almost vertically into a runway at 280mph (450kph) killing all 50 on board had no record of completing any training, an inquest has heard.
Donna Bull, 53, was travelling from Moscow for a marketing trip on board the Tatarstan Airlines jet when it crash landed at Kazan Airport in November 2013.
Coroner David Morris concluded that Ms Bull, who taught at Bellerbys College in Cambridge, was unlawfully killed, and said the pilot had "missed out on the basics".
The inquest at Peterborough Register Office heard the Boeing 727 aircraft had aborted one... read more
- 12:15 Uffington man’s call for women to be aware of ovarian cancer
- 12:15 Health plan ‘not good enough’ says county council leader
- 12:15 Andrew Neil calls London attacker ‘poundland terrorist’ in...
- 12:14 Work to start on repairing damaged M180 bridge
- 12:14 National mortality statistics at health trust pubclished
- 12:14 Pub's £130,000 beer garden will have to be taken down
- 12:13 CANTEEN is back - here's a peek of the incredible street food on...
- 12:13 Chester young people facing disadvantage to be mentored by world...
- 12:13 Stephanie Davis vows to ‘keep going strong’ with son Caben-Albi as...
- 12:12 Train delays in Lincoln, Grantham and Skegness after power cut
- 12:12 Charities join together to win the public's support
- 12:12 Top boxers aid Blackpool man’s specialist underpants firm
- 12:12 Awards success for VetPlus
- 12:12 Barry Meyers to rejoin JPMorgan after almost two years at Barclays
- 12:11 Have your say: Harrogate planning fees to rise in reform of system
- 12:11 Are Dave King and Rangers finally moving in the right direction? -...
- 12:11 Have your say on plans to replace historic Hartlepool statue
- 12:10 Loro Piana: A rare kind of luxury
- 12:10 Man receives postcard in the mail 40 years after it was sent
- 12:10 The dawn of DHELA
- 12:10 Aerial images show moment Khalid Masood was shot after London...
- 12:08 Chelsea target offers huge transfer update: He wants to play in the...
- 12:08 £10,000 reward to help find stolen jewellery from Burton Green
- 12:08 Trump administration approves Keystone XL pipeline
- 12:08 Swifts to fly high with council help
- 12:08 Meet Lois’s new running partner that has helped her train for a...
- 12:08 Sunderland legend Kevin Phillips unveiled as first star ambassador...
- 12:08 Coronation Street Insider: Sinead suffers heartbreaking miscarriage
- 12:08 Driver who sped through Antwerp shoppers faces terrorism charges
- 12:07 Deadline for voter registration is near for Deepings and Bourne