Deal to knock down Derby's derelict Debenhams building could finally be in sight
A deal which could finally see Derby's derelict Debenhams building knocked down and a run-down area of the city developed could be sealed by Christmas.
An agreement for Intu Derby to sell Debenhams, in Victoria Street, to Derby City Council would see control of the Eagle Market moved the other way.
Traders at the market have complained of communication problems with the council in the past as the contract talks have stalled for more than a year. Councillor Martin Rawson, deputy leader of the council, revealed last month the negotiations had been held up over the Debenhams deal.
READ MORE:... read more
- 17:08 Derby man faced 'six months of hell' when pricked by hypodermic...
- 17:08 Canada deer trapped in hammock still on the loose
- 17:08 Households '£400 worse off because of Brexit vote'
- 17:08 US to declare N Korea 'sponsor of terror'
- 17:08 It's Black & White episode 15: I'm a Derby County Writer... Get Me...
- 17:08 Teen cyclist taken to hospital with head injuries after crash near...
- 17:07 Racecourse groundstaff recognised by receiving national award
- 17:07 HUGE gun haul handed in to Sutton Coldfield police station
- 17:07 Lorry and car crash at Marston on A1
- 17:06 Virgin Trains puts 300,000 half-price East Coast tickets up for sale
- 17:06 Hundreds of homes in Hull are without power - updates
- 17:05 Delays on A1 near Leeds after three-car crash
- 17:05 Michael Cheika under investigation following conduct in Australia's...
- 17:05 Barcelona news: Lionel Messi aware of Real Madrid secret about...
- 17:05 Sven Mislintat: Potential Arsenal transfer targets with new head of...
- 17:05 Arsenal news: Nigel Winterburn makes Tottenham power shift claim -...
- 17:04 Hospice At Home West Cumbria's boss to retire
- 17:04 Roadworks in Carlisle: Here's where the temporary traffic lights are
- 17:04 Manchester City defender Eliaquim Mangala ready to step in for...
- 17:04 Stobart Group distribution centre at Carlisle Airport sold in £20m...
- 17:04 Crash blocks Wakefield road
- 17:04 Time is running out to sign up for Leicester's Got Talent 2017
- 17:04 Top apps for introducing your kids to music
- 17:04 Children as young as 12 using pocket money to buy "Snapchat" drug...
- 17:04 Richard Leonard: ‘I would support England over Scotland’
- 17:04 Brexit vote 'costing households £400 per year'
- 17:04 Gary Barlow Brings 2018 UK Tour To Scarborough Open Air Theatre
- 17:04 Bookmakers slash odds of a white Christmas as temperatures start to...
- 17:04 Burton partygoers invited to Chicago Rock Cafe reunion event
- 17:04 Right royal knees-up planned for Zoë’s Place Ball