Deal sees tonnes of coal exported to Europe
0 Have your say Thousands of tonnes of coal have been exported to Europe.
Banks Mining has completed its first export order for coal produced by its Northumberland operations.
Four thousand tonnes of coal produced at Banks’ Shotton surface mine near Cramlington has been loaded into a vessel at the Port of Blyth and transported to an industrial customer in Spain.
And the Durham-headquartered firm is now pursuing other opportunities to supply overseas customers both within and outside mainland Europe.
Michael Storey, sales and quality manager at Banks Mining, said: “The coal we produce in... read more
- 09:49 Tottenham prepare summer transfers after £50m was wasted last year
- 09:49 Luis Garcia: This is why Philippe Coutinho must not leave Liverpool...
- 09:49 Lincolnshire County Council could end its Local Government...
- 09:49 South Keveston District Council ask residents for help to improve...
- 09:48 Shropshire protests being held over feared maternity unit cutbacks
- 09:47 50 South Yorkshire homes hit by power cut
- 09:44 Danger driver rammed taxi off road before speeding away at 100mph...
- 09:44 Major Derbyshire road closed after crash between car and lorry
- 09:44 Tatler shares all the things that make your fridge posh
- 09:44 Javier Hernandez makes history as he equals Mexico goalscoring record
- 09:42 Three charged with conspiracy to commit robbery in Nottinghamshire
- 09:42 Sports facility reopens after major refurbishment
- 09:42 Comic Relief end of night total REVEALED but Red Nose Day viewers...
- 09:41 Easter theatre fun for youngsters
- 09:41 Jeremy McConnell returns to Instagram as Ex on the Beach rumours...
- 09:41 Passionate performance by Japanese pianist
- 09:41 DR Congo unrest: Why have 10 mass graves been found in Kasai?
- 09:41 Town in top five for food hygiene improvements
- 09:41 Fernando Alonso admits McLaren might struggle to finish Australian...
- 09:41 What are Scotland's chances of qualifying for the 2018 World Cup? -...
- 09:41 7 Expert tips for cutting sugar the sensible way
- 09:41 South Lakes weather for Saturday March 25
- 09:41 Barrow's emergency services pay their respects as nation mourns...
- 09:41 Patrons back bid to buy and renovate Cumbrian poet's Millom home
- 09:40 Tour de Yorkshire spectacle to showcase the town
- 09:39 Hundreds of homes approved in Wyre
- 09:38 Britain's poorest, excluded from banking, turn to high-cost credit...
- 09:38 People kill sheep, strip naked and chain themselves together at...
- 09:38 London attacker Khalid Masood ‘rowed with ex after convincing...
- 09:37 Gomersal U15s show heart in Blackburn Cup final loss