Deadly French flu could hit UK as NHS issue health warning
Move over the Aussie flu - there's a new deadly bug on the brink of hitting Britain.
The NHS has issued a health warning to its workers over having flu jabs.
Health workers are being urged to have the jab as the epidemic from across the Channel threatens to hit the UK.
Worryingly, figures show as few as one in three workers have been vaccinated at some hospitals.
According to the Coventry Telegraph, NHS trusts are failing to get medical workers to have flu jabs amid the warnings that the French epidemic could spread to Britain.
The paper reports: “It comes amid a deepening NHS winter... read more
- 11:08 £3.29 million scheme for World Heritage Lake District arts project...
- 11:08 All revved up for last Easter Egg ride
- 11:08 Holland & Barrett to stop selling krill products after warning from...
- 11:07 Kiko Matthews breaks Atlantic rowing record
- 11:07 Ant's £20million Saturday Night Takeaway Suzuki deal in doubt after...
- 11:07 West Bromwich Albion agreed a fee for this Brazilian but now...
- 11:07 Investigation after car crashes into house
- 11:07 South Derbyshire's Me&Dee charity to benefit from sale of homes...
- 11:07 The best Easter eggs deals for 2018 from Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury's
- 11:07 Car fire being treated as arson
- 11:06 Exhibit: Plein-air painter set to showcase Whitby works
- 11:06 Comic Relief finally getting rid of its ‘white saviour’...
- 11:06 ‘Moor Stories’ to tell as Staithes Gallery hosts Massie’s art
- 11:06 Two Atherstone taxi drivers robbed at knife-point in less than 24...
- 11:05 VIDEO: Man wanted in connection to 59 burglaries
- 11:04 Police swab items at Skripal home for clues to nerve agent attack
- 11:04 VIDEO: Man wanted in connection to 59 burglaries
- 11:03 VIDEO: Man wanted in connection to 59 burglaries
- 11:02 Donations hope after church bell tower is repaired
- 11:02 GUEST COLUMN: There is a ‘significant’ amount of private capital...
- 11:02 Hostages taken at French supermarket
- 11:01 Seven people with different jobs - but who's most active? We asked...
- 11:01 Five bizarre and creepy things your iPhone knows about you
- 11:00 Hanif Kureishi: ‘I haven’t read anything by Jane Austen. My shame...
- 10:59 Harbour's £320,000 revamp complete - see pictures
- 10:59 Happy National Puppy Day! Share your cutest pictures and video of...
- 10:59 Convicted Askam paedophile due to appear in court over alleged...
- 10:59 Sports quiz of the week: England v Netherlands, Gareth Bale and meat
- 10:59 PICTURES: Dramatic car smash causes debris to 'smash bungalow...
- 10:58 VIDEO: Man wanted in connection to 59 burglaries