Deadly earthquakes could hit a BILLION people next year because of Earth's slowing rotation
Swarms of devastating earthquakes are set to arrive next year due to the slowing of Earth's rotation, scientists claim.
Experts warn we 'had it easy this year' with just six severe earthquakes.
Next year we could have at least 20 serious earthquakes and the most intense ones are expected to occur in tropical regions, home to around one billion people.
Tiny changes in the speed of our planet's rotation will trigger huge seismic activity by releasing vast amounts of underground energy.
Scroll down for video
EARTHQUAKE SWARMS Researchers found five periods in the past century when there... read more
- 16:03 VIDEO: 'Somebody out there knows what happened' - Top cop issues...
- 16:03 Riverside development will "transform" Castleford
- 16:02 Longridge's Palace Cinema opens bigger and better than ever before...
- 16:02 Man Utd transfer news: Cristiano Ronaldo has Real Madrid 'mission'...
- 16:01 Riverside development will "transform" Castleford
- 16:01 Boy, 14, sent home from school because ‘his haircut violated...
- 16:01 VIDEO: 'Somebody out there knows what happened' - Top cop issues...
- 16:00 Public Health England warns of measles outbreak at music festivals
- 15:59 Bouncebackability: a word coined for the play-offs that fits them...
- 15:59 Arsenal in talks with defender Stephan Lichtsteiner over free transfer
- 15:57 VIDEO: Decline in Puffin numbers on the Farnes
- 15:57 National award for Kettering teacher
- 15:56 Liverpool’s best Champions League final chant REVEALED – as chosen...
- 15:56 VIDEO: 'Somebody out there knows what happened' - Top cop issues...
- 15:55 Man accused of killing Sheffield toddler due back in court next week
- 15:54 World champion boxer Robin Reid takes to the ring with young Daniel...
- 15:53 Cow’s burps could become less damaging if we feed them seaweed
- 15:53 Man accused of killing Sheffield toddler due back in court next week
- 15:53 BREAKING NEWS: Person hit by train at Doncaster railway station
- 15:53 VIDEO: Decline in Puffin numbers on the Farnes
- 15:52 Liverpool star James Milner is BETTER than Cristiano Ronaldo – new...
- 15:52 Man accused of killing Sheffield toddler due back in court next week
- 15:52 RSC confirms David Walliams and Robbie Williams collaboration
- 15:52 Stratford skipper Whelan eyeing title challenge
- 15:51 Thunderstorms: What causes this extreme weather phenomena and can...
- 15:51 New gin bar and real ale pub on the way?
- 15:51 Scotland school clothing grant of £100 to relieve family pressure
- 15:51 Boy arrested over stabbing death of Sheffield teenager
- 15:50 Flood defences coming to Padiham
- 15:49 Taxi driver 'who rubbed groin' loses appeal to win back licence