Deadline for secondary school applications looms — but does the North East have enough places?
Most parents in the region sent their children to their first-choice of school last year — but with rising numbers of school entrants, experts warn we can’t be certain that trend will continue.
By the end of this month, parents across the North East will have sent off applications for their child’s secondary school place — but how likely are they to be allocated the spot they want?
In the North East this year, the vast majority of children won places at their first choice of school on national offer day.
The most satisfied families were in Northumberland, where 98% of children got their top... read more
- 17:49 Unison announces five days in a row of Derby school strikes
- 17:49 Kayleigh's Love Story film about murdered Kayleigh Haywood film to...
- 17:49 Harrogate woman who saved husbands life calls out for mandatory CPR...
- 17:48 Volkswagen 'fixes 470,000 UK diesel cars'
- 17:47 Ryan Coney crash tragedy: Driver 'lost control', inquest told
- 17:46 Mum’s invited to exhibtion showcasing the benefits of using a sling
- 17:46 Man jailed for killing primary school teacher in bar attack
- 17:45 Police and Royal Mail ask: How can we stop dangerous dog attacks?
- 17:45 Abandoned Leeds bunnies seek new owners
- 17:44 Jaguar F-Pace SUV: Prices, specs and reviews
- 17:44 Jurgen Klopp to Barcelona: Guillem Balague provides major update on...
- 17:43 New councillors elected to Hebden Royd Town Council
- 17:43 Trial of Northampton police officer charged with rape begins
- 17:43 WATCH: X Factor winner Sam Bailey's visit to Rainbows Children's...
- 17:41 Celtic star Moussa Dembele wanted by Europe’s elite but which side...
- 17:41 Kilwinning Rangers legend Gerry Peline leads dressing room...
- 17:41 Police probing Glasgow assaults release images of man they want to...
- 17:41 Parts of South Sudan suffering famine: govt official
- 17:40 Uber CEO orders 'urgent investigation' on sexual harassment claims
- 17:40 Alibaba expands bricks-and-mortar retail push with Bailian deal
- 17:40 Snap arrives in London to woo skeptical investors ahead of IPO
- 17:40 Perrie Edwards Snapchats from BED with footballer boyfriend Alex...
- 17:39 EA servers down: Battlefield 1 servers status hit by new outage
- 17:39 Tamworth rugby stalwart remembered as a "gentleman"
- 17:39 Are you a Birmingham City fan? Here's the best way to check
- 17:38 Look back at more pictures from the past of Tuesday pool league in...
- 17:38 Lincoln City's FA cup legends could be given freedom of the city
- 17:38 Police issue photo of woman who was last seen three weeks ago
- 17:37 Man threatened with hunting knife in Northampton street robbery
- 17:37 European shares supported by miners, telecoms; Unilever slump weighs