DAVID WOODS COLUMN: West Ham made mistake leaving Boleyn, England boss could be part time
That’s the conclusion after seeing how the Hammers have languished since moving to the London Stadium.
The financial temptation was just too great to move from the Boleyn Ground to an arena where, due to the running track around the former Olympic Stadium, it feels more like watching Subbuteo.
Some fans have even been spotted viewing their flops this season with binoculars!
As for the atmosphere, there isn’t any and the walk to the stadium - along a closed-off road from Stratford Station - is depressing.
The only thing of note on my stroll last Sunday, for the 3-0 home defeat by... read more
- 07:48 Former Caralot partner Jamie Caple apologises after Spondon firm...
- 07:47 New average speed cameras on a Lincolnshire road catch 190 speeding...
- 07:47 Driver in disbelief over parking ticket for being 10 SECONDS late
- 07:47 Why are the swans disappearing from Brayford Pool in Lincoln?
- 07:47 New home for flood-hit centre
- 07:47 Barton under Needwood became a different place the day Arnold...
- 07:46 Gay priest loses appeal in discrimination claim against Church
- 07:45 M1 reopens after 17-hour closure due to lorry crash
- 07:45 Leicestershire weather: Cloudy with rain to start, clearing later.
- 07:45 Scunthorpe firm sees surge in sales after receiving cash boost
- 07:45 Humberside Police rated 'good' for legitimacy
- 07:45 Rochdale game is the only focus for Scunthorpe says manager Graham...
- 07:45 Humberside Police has highest grievance rate in the country
- 07:45 £6.5m futuristic flats plan for Scunthorpe town centre
- 07:45 'Tent town' row as council found only one of the protesters to be...
- 07:44 UK online supermarket Ocado's sales growth dips
- 07:43 Schoolboy lunges at people with a knife before being shot by police
- 07:43 Couple who left newborn with ‘catastrophic injuries’ to go to...
- 07:43 Here's what pupils of transgender Hull teacher Claire Birkenshaw...
- 07:43 Man returns overdue library book 120 years later
- 07:43 Where can you buy Hull City Of Culture 2017 merchandise?
- 07:43 Hero rugby players push ambulance free after it became stuck in...
- 07:43 Saints scrum-half Groom raring to go after honeymoon period
- 07:42 People can’t stop taking the p*ss out of Montreal’s sad Christmas tree
- 07:42 Half of UK workers 'have their heads in the sand over pensions' -...
- 07:42 RACHEL RICKARD STRAUS: What if customers wrote the Ts & Cs? That...
- 07:41 Sports Direct profits slump after Brexit hit to pound
- 07:41 New York deli owner from Keswick badly injured in motorbike crash
- 07:41 Why answers will help find a way forward for our library
- 07:41 Police chiefs welcome positive report from government inspectors