DAVID WOODS COLUMN: West Ham made mistake leaving Boleyn, England boss could be part time
That’s the conclusion after seeing how the Hammers have languished since moving to the London Stadium.
The financial temptation was just too great to move from the Boleyn Ground to an arena where, due to the running track around the former Olympic Stadium, it feels more like watching Subbuteo.
Some fans have even been spotted viewing their flops this season with binoculars!
As for the atmosphere, there isn’t any and the walk to the stadium - along a closed-off road from Stratford Station - is depressing.
The only thing of note on my stroll last Sunday, for the 3-0 home defeat by... read more
- 09:58 Police rescue children trapped in old orphanage
- 09:57 Super Smash Bros Nintendo Switch update: MORE Wii U games to join list
- 09:57 The splendidly unpredictably world of terrier racing in Yorkshire
- 09:57 Major peas plant plans on edge of the Wolds
- 09:57 Hundreds join Eddie Izzard in fun run to remember Jo Cox
- 09:57 60 high rise buildings in 25 local authorities fail cladding tests...
- 09:56 Man seriously injured after plunging from Tradeston bridge into...
- 09:54 Antonio Conte’s agent reveals Chelsea failed in bid to sign Antonio...
- 09:54 Car fire on motorway
- 09:54 Chelsea transfer announcements on hold: Why Blues are waiting until...
- 09:53 Complete chaos on London Underground after huge signal systems failure
- 09:53 More than 100 pets were poisoned by e-cigarettes in Britain last year
- 09:52 Hero Notts Police dog handler honoured with kennels renaming
- 09:52 June 26, 1917 – So you think fake news and sponsored stories are...
- 09:51 Bill Cosby tour 'not about sex assault'
- 09:51 Extra cheer at town beer run
- 09:51 Brave Bradley gets hero’s welcome on the Yorkshire coast
- 09:51 Alexis Sanchez to Man City: Arsenal's Shkodran Mustafi has 'no...
- 09:51 Organic product recalled due to salmonella contamination
- 09:50 Man dies after A605 crash
- 09:50 Woman ‘sacked for not wearing bra’ while working in pub
- 09:50 Holyrood to probe safety of high-rise blocks following Grenfell
- 09:49 Nestle, Italian bank deal prop up European shares
- 09:48 Hospital holds graduation ceremonies for premature babies leaving...
- 09:48 Former Burton Albion manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink among...
- 09:48 Grantham firefighters tackle car blaze in Barrowby
- 09:48 Grantham fire spreads from rubbish to window frame
- 09:47 GLOBAL MARKETS-Italy bank deal lifts Europe shares, dollar on back...
- 09:46 Man City goalkeeper Claudio Bravo handed boost after returning in...
- 09:44 Tottenham set massive asking price for Harry Kane to ward off...