David Sellu trial: Doctor's conviction over patient's death quashed
A surgeon who was jailed over a patient's death at a private hospital in north-west London has won an appeal against his conviction.
David Sellu, 69, was handed a two-and-a-half-year prison term after being convicted of manslaughter by gross negligence in November 2013.
James Hughes, 66, was under Mr Sellu's care when he died at the Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow in 2010.
He suffered a perforated bowel following a routine knee replacement.
The case against Mr Sellu, of Hillingdon, was based on the standard of his care over a period of approximately 25 hours.
At a recent hearing,... read more
- 12:27 Unity Works ‘not in a position’ to pay refunds
- 12:26 VIDEO: Relaunched charity shop brings quality goods to South Yorkshire
- 12:25 Dr Martens boosted by rising full-year sales and profits after Asia...
- 12:25 Awkward moment Ben Shephard grills Davood Ghadami over Strictly...
- 12:25 Louise Redknapp ‘house-hunting’ in London with new BFF Daisy Lowe
- 12:24 How record signing Matej Vydra has emerged from the shadows at...
- 12:24 Toback: 200 more women contact LA Times about harassment
- 12:24 MP says local taxpayers should not pay to police national fracking...
- 12:24 Kelly Clarkson: 'When I was really skinny I wanted to kill myself'
- 12:24 Halloween in The Octagon shopping centre in Burton this half term
- 12:23 Burton Albion players to raise money for Children in Need with...
- 12:23 Why armed police officers are also 999 life-savers
- 12:23 Lincolnshire has second biggest pothole problem in East Midlands
- 12:21 Fantastic! Poppy Prom tops £40,000 to support our war veterans
- 12:20 £300k investment in Chester car dealership site
- 12:20 Train fire caused disruption between Chester and Crewe
- 12:20 Budding Barra footballer makes 320-mile round-trip to mainland for...
- 12:20 Hundreds of jobs up for grabs in and around Derbyshire
- 12:20 Man City vs Wolves: Guardiola's dilemma; Nuno's positive approach;...
- 12:19 Michael Winner: Coronation Street actress claims director told her...
- 12:19 Leicester drop plans to appeal Adrien Silva's registration to CAS...
- 12:19 Company donates defibrillator to community
- 12:19 Daydreaming brain network used in autopilot
- 12:18 Last ever Inspector George Gently episode gets its TV date - find...
- 12:17 Ulverston man to appear in court after alleged £16,000 theft
- 12:17 Three inch pocket knife lands man in court
- 12:17 Alleged heroin and crack cocaine dealer in Barrow to appear in court
- 12:17 Driver accused of not paying for petrol three times in Barrow
- 12:17 'David and Goliath' victory stops hundreds of homes being built at...
- 12:17 PICTURES: 31 stone Sheffield man to star in new TV show filmed at...