Daughters criticise standard of care at White Rose Care Home, Thongsbridge, after mum dies
THE standard of care at a Holmfirth care home was criticised following the death of a 91-year-old resident.
Sheila Barker, a retired secretary and mother-of-two, had been a resident at White Rose House in Huddersfield Road, Thongsbridge, since 2007.
An inquest at Bradford Coroner’s Court heard that problems developed after she suffered a fall and a fracture of a thighbone in the autumn of 2011.
This led to a lack of mobility with pressure sores developing on her heels in March 2012 and later another pressure sore on her back – a source of major concern. She died on August 10 2013.
In a... read more
- 06:50 Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho compared to Sir Alex Ferguson...
- 06:50 Argos opening times for the May bank holiday – everything you need...
- 06:50 Blackpool: From the courts 29/05/17
- 06:49 Christians caught up in Philippines' urban battle with Islamists
- 06:46 More tests needed to establish how man assaulted in Scraptoft pub...
- 06:44 John Leslie in talks for Celebrity Big Brother: ‘He now feels...
- 06:43 Spitfire on display at vintage day of fun and nostalgia
- 06:42 Man City confident of beating Manchester United to £38m star after...
- 06:41 Tesco opening hours for the May bank holiday – everything you need...
- 06:41 Manchester bombing inquiry spreads south with arrests in West Sussex
- 06:41 Family tribute to Elaine McIver – the ‘glue that held us all together’
- 06:41 Ikea opening hours for the May bank holiday – everything you need...
- 06:41 Tributes to Kelly Brewster who heroically shielded her sister...
- 06:40 Bank Holiday Monday opening times in Nottingham for Tesco, Asda,...
- 06:40 The Red Bar in Mansfield given low food hygiene rating - but...
- 06:40 Man caught doing online banking while driving on M5 near Birmingham
- 06:40 How £2.20 fare ended up costing these tram travellers hundreds of...
- 06:40 Hi tech biz will go ahead in Brum- after ANT colony is moved
- 06:40 Notts mother conned out of £10,000 by online romance fraudster
- 06:40 Meet the 12-year-old who's raising money for 'Hucknall's princess'...
- 06:40 Eating chocolate ‘lowers risk of irregular heartbeat’
- 06:40 New project to support communities and record migrants’ experiences...
- 06:40 FOOD COLUMN: Summer itself in a tasty dish
- 06:36 Hedgehog casualties after early arrivals
- 06:36 Recent plans submitted to council
- 06:36 Islanders happy at poll result
- 06:36 Closures planned on two Alnwick streets this summer
- 06:36 A man’s world in Long Sutton shed
- 06:36 After Everest record Indian woman sets sights on unclimbed peaks
- 06:34 Flight delay predictions ahead of half-term bank holiday