Daughters criticise standard of care at White Rose Care Home, Thongsbridge, after mum dies
THE standard of care at a Holmfirth care home was criticised following the death of a 91-year-old resident.
Sheila Barker, a retired secretary and mother-of-two, had been a resident at White Rose House in Huddersfield Road, Thongsbridge, since 2007.
An inquest at Bradford Coroner’s Court heard that problems developed after she suffered a fall and a fracture of a thighbone in the autumn of 2011.
This led to a lack of mobility with pressure sores developing on her heels in March 2012 and later another pressure sore on her back – a source of major concern. She died on August 10 2013.
In a... read more
- 07:51 TRAM CHAOS: Metrolink services on the Bury line still suspended...
- 07:50 Cheryl returns home to open new Prince's Trust centre
- 07:50 Child sex crimes on the rise in Cumbria
- 07:50 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:49 Gabriella Papadakis: Who is nip slip ice dancer? Did she medal in...
- 07:49 Child sex crimes on the rise in Cumbria
- 07:48 The coastline that goes on and on and on: Mesmerising looped video...
- 07:48 Robot bees warning: Could drones for pollinating crops be told to...
- 07:48 Man 'began using words 1million years ago': Researchers believe...
- 07:48 Call for households to keep plastic out of drains because nine in...
- 07:48 Siblings really DO make you into a better person: Having a brother...
- 07:48 Renew: new party bids to overturn Brexit
- 07:47 Noel Gallagher’s wife tells Liam to ‘drop dead’ in vicious family spat
- 07:46 Edinburgh named as UK’s top city for inward investment
- 07:46 Answers required on state of city’s roads
- 07:43 YOUR VIEW: Fishergate Bollard mania has gone global
- 07:42 Mary, Queen of Scots
- 07:41 Former Newcastle star Andy Cole speaks for first time about his...
- 07:41 Rihanna turns 30: A closer look at the icon’s greatest moments in...
- 07:35 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:34 Sexual offences against children reported to police reaches a...
- 07:34 Elise Christie: Team GB speed skater WILL compete in 1000m short...
- 07:34 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:33 Sexual offences against children reported to police reaches a...
- 07:31 NEWS: Destiny 2 Crimson Days end time, Weekly Reset, Faction Rally...
- 07:31 Violent dad jailed for attack on ex partner
- 07:31 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:31 Search after children 'shout for help' near River Wyre
- 07:30 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:27 Search after children 'shout for help' near River Wyre