Daughter thanks man who tried to help her dad Bernard Birks who died in Derby street
A daughter of a man who died in a Derby street says she is extremely grateful to the person who stopped to try and help her dad.
Bernard Birks was found collapsed at the junction of London Road and Brighton Road, Alvaston, at about 6.30am on Sunday. Police said they believed there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding his death. The area was cordoned off by police for a few hours.
It was reported on Facebook that a man had stopped and tried to revive the 53-year-old, but was unable to do so and paramedics pronounced Mr Birks dead at the scene.
Mr Birks daughter Donna Smith, 34, of... read more
- 09:46 EU nationals living in UK CAN stay after Brexit, Theresa May confirms
- 09:46 Airdrieonians and Albion Rovers face tough start to the League One...
- 09:44 Survey reveals Warwickshire adults lost £9 million to cyber crime
- 09:44 Disabled horse riding charity near Warwick to become new headquarters
- 09:44 VW waives appeal against German dieselgate compensation cases
- 09:43 When does Ramadan end and what is it? Everything you need to know...
- 09:42 Magical mystery tour challenge for pals
- 09:42 Devastated Leicester man explains how best friend died on mountain...
- 09:41 Rejoice, for you can now buy a £140 Prada paperclip with which to...
- 09:41 Why taking a summer time swim in a reservoir could cost you everything
- 09:40 Cheryl takes up private boxing lessons to keep fit following the...
- 09:40 Child rapist jailed for eight years
- 09:39 Skipper convinced of Finals Day presence
- 09:39 PICTURE: Car ends up on roof on busy Sheffield road
- 09:38 Update | Victim of attempted murder alive but still in a critical...
- 09:38 Folk hero who played her last ever gig in Northamptonshire is...
- 09:38 Barrow bakers knead one last push to hit fundraising goal
- 09:38 Video: Amazing footage of Knypersely Reservoir
- 09:38 Oil edges up, but still set for worst first half performance in 20...
- 09:37 Man Utd 2017/18 home kit images leaked online
- 09:36 PICTURE: Car ends up on roof on busy Sheffield road
- 09:35 Planning applications received by Harrogate Borough Council, week...
- 09:35 Birmingham City and John Terry: The story so far
- 09:35 Stand up if you love West Brom: Albion 'very keen' for safe standing
- 09:34 Dani Alves issues huge Manchester City hint after breaking silence...
- 09:34 The Transport Talk column with Don Mackenzie
- 09:34 Flats evacuated due to blaze
- 09:34 Pair guilty of taking Ellen’s belongings
- 09:34 Burglars caught on CCTV ransacking play centre
- 09:33 Steps release EMOTIONAL new music video for latest single - written...