Daughter's death from sepsis 'will stay with me forever'
A mother has described the harrowing moment she had to perform CPR on her daughter, who died of sepsis.
Chloe Christopher, 17, from Cwmaman, Rhondda Cynon Taff, had been laughing with friends before being struck by the illness on New Year's Eve 2014.
The condition happens when the body fights infection but causes injury to its own tissue and organs.
Her mother Michelle has made a video with the Welsh Ambulance Service to try and help raise awareness of the signs.
She said the moment her daughter, from Aberdare Community School, collapsed in front of her would "stay with me... read more
- 18:52 Yorkshire Paedophile hunters make public apology for falsely...
- 18:52 We have to stop the deadly trade in arms
- 18:52 Windrush scandal: Albert Thompson gets cancer treatment date
- 18:51 Canada developing quantum radar to detect stealth aircraft
- 18:48 Iran threatens to withdraw from nuclear weapons treaty
- 18:48 Experiments show we quickly adjust to seeing everything upside-down
- 18:47 Owners not aware of 'epidemic' of trespassing at derelict Sheffield...
- 18:46 Trains back to normal after accident at level crossing
- 18:45 Canelo Alvarez is a 'cheat' who should never fight again after his...
- 18:42 Zlat meets Jack! Zlatan Ibrahimovic poses with boxer Badou Jack and...
- 18:42 Alfie Evans latest - judge asks doctors about 'other options' but...
- 18:42 Manchester City starlet Oleksandr Zinchenko takes in Barcelona sun...
- 18:42 Arsenal News: Gunners hero reveals who must replace Arsene Wenger
- 18:36 Director of Pateley accountancy firm thanks firefighters following...
- 18:36 Major National Space Centre revamp begins, this is what's changing
- 18:33 Waffle House shooting: police alerted to car theft days before assault
- 18:30 Police investigating sex attack want to speak to John Bennett
- 18:30 Brexit: May's 'customs partnership' idea cretinous, says Rees-Mogg
- 18:27 Pupils’ pop-up restaurant
- 18:27 'I know he loved me' - Barrow mum on losing her son to drug addiction
- 18:27 EastEnders spoilers: Linda Carter will be excited about the arrival...
- 18:27 Council backs anti-Semitism pledge
- 18:27 What is Alfie Evans's bran condition exactly and why has it been so...
- 18:22 President Trump cleans dandruff off Emmanuel Macron's shirt collar
- 18:22 End doubts over diesel's future, says Ford boss
- 18:18 Explosives scare: Full story as bomb squad cordon off Coventry suburb
- 18:17 Ireland expects Apple EU tax appeal to be heard in autumn
- 18:16 Fellaini, Wilshere, Yaya Toure and 56 other freebies Aston Villa...
- 18:16 Fellaini, Wilshere, Yaya and 56 other freebies available to...
- 18:16 Fellaini, Wilshere, Yaya and 56 other freebies Wolves could sign in...