Daughter inspires mum's moving mission to support charity
A Carlisle woman whose daughter suffers from multiple sclerosis (MS) is urging people to support her charity masquerade ball and help her raise vital funds.
Karen Conley, 44, from the Belah area, has been inspired to organise the event in support of her daughter Zoe, who was diagnosed with the disease at the age of just 21.
Money raised from her ball at the city's Milton Hotel, off London Road, will be split between the MS Society and Parkinson's UK as her brother-in-law David currently lives with Parkinson's.
Karen said: "Both Zoe and David have shown amazing courage dealing with... read more
- 12:58 Zelfa Barrett hopes English title will be the first of many belts...
- 12:58 Rick Stein swears on live Sunday TV as he talks about his...
- 12:57 Flood warnings and alerts across Yorkshire as Storm Brian hit region
- 12:57 Everton vs Arsenal: Line-ups and full team news confirmed
- 12:57 Everton vs Arsenal: Gunners perfect team to play to save Ronald...
- 12:56 Flood warnings and alerts across Yorkshire as Storm Brian hit region
- 12:55 Flood warnings and alerts across Yorkshire as Storm Brian hit region
- 12:54 This is how to get tickets for the live X Factor shows
- 12:54 Flood warnings and alerts across Yorkshire as Storm Brian hit region
- 12:53 Business is booming
- 12:49 Flood warnings and alerts across Yorkshire as Storm Brian hit region
- 12:47 Ryan Burnett in line for Paul Butler showdown in New Year after WBA...
- 12:47 Brig’s run comes to a halt
- 12:46 Sunday Brunch fans distracted as guest flaunts bust in low cut top:...
- 12:46 GP surgeries to cutback on prescriptions
- 12:45 Homeless woman ‘returns Cameron Diaz’s wallet after actress dropped...
- 12:45 Who is Mary Elizabeth Winstead?
- 12:45 Halloween 'spooktacular' event at Rosliston Forestry Centre to get...
- 12:45 TV CHOICE: Plan your week of TV
- 12:44 Mum who believes in 'unschooling' reveals why she doesn't...
- 12:41 Four day voyage home planned for iconic Doncaster boat
- 12:41 Zlatan Ibrahimovic will continue for another five years, claims...
- 12:40 James McClean: West Brom winger shares frustration over lack of...
- 12:40 How much you can save if you book your festive rail travel now
- 12:39 This is the way to live your life with a brain tumour
- 12:37 Man Utd news: Mourinho fully to blame for Huddersfield defeat after...
- 12:37 Manchester United defender Victor Lindelof hammered by fans and...
- 12:37 Dundee United sack boss Ray McKinnon after second consecutive...
- 12:37 Citizens Advice reveal what you can do to save on your phone contract
- 12:36 Are you adequately prepared for a comfortable retirement?