Date set for Gay Pride 2017 after £5k windfall
A date has been set for next year's Derby Pride festival after a lottery cash boost of £5,350.
Bosses at the lottery fund have handed Pride 2017 organisers the cash to throw next year's celebration which is expected to attract thousands of guests.
And the date is set for Saturday, September 9. The revellers will close off Bramble Street and half of Curzon Street to throw a party of live music, stalls, awards ceremony and disco.
IN DEPTH: Axing of Derby Gay Pride celebration – why there is more at stake than losing a street party Derbyshire LGBT+ Pride committee member Andy Brown said:... read more
- 11:57 Tour de Yorkshire: Forged by legacy
- 11:57 Warring parties to fight on after latest twist in bitter...
- 11:56 British brands lose value post-Brexit
- 11:56 Qatar denies trying to pay ransom money to free hostages in Iraq
- 11:56 Lawyers who defend drivers in court accused of speeding join forces
- 11:56 Bluebells in bloom show spring has sprung
- 11:56 Watch Ed Sheeran being CARRIED to the stage from his dressing room...
- 11:56 Woman arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after man dies in house...
- 11:56 Ryan Sessegnon EXCLUSIVE: This is who Fulham star wants to play for...
- 11:56 Tyson Fury shares sincere clip from Spanish training camp vowing ‘I...
- 11:55 Star Wars news: Is THIS when Han Solo movie title will be revealed?...
- 11:55 Second principal for Leeds free school
- 11:55 New series of organ recitals set to begin
- 11:55 How to spot an email phishing scam
- 11:55 Tributes to Preston cartoonist Leo Baxendale
- 11:55 REVIEW: Catching the early bird at The Sparling Barton is highly...
- 11:54 Lout threatened to break paramedic’s JAW as she tended to patient
- 11:54 Two fifths of male football fans admit to destruction of items
- 11:54 Here's how to bag yourself a two-bedroom home in Derby for just £35k!
- 11:53 Northern train strike will affect thousands of Merseyside commuters
- 11:53 Celtic keeping tabs on wanted FC Utrecht defender Giovanni Troupee
- 11:53 Police hunt wanted man with links to Fylde coast
- 11:53 Police appeal to trace boy missing for two weeks
- 11:53 This huge shark has been caught off the coast of Devon
- 11:53 Taylor Wimpey apologises in leasehold dispute
- 11:52 Leo Baxendale: Bash Street Kids and Minnie the Minx comic legend...
- 11:52 Italy's Renzi set to regain leadership of weakened ruling party
- 11:51 Latest Chesterfield magistrates’ court results
- 11:51 McDonald’s will roll out its new UK home delivery service this summer
- 11:51 Work to start on £2.5m affordable homes scheme in former Derbyshire...