Daria Gavrilova stuns world No 1 Angelique Kerber at Hong Kong Open
World No 1 Angelique Kerber crashed out of the Hong Kong Open in the quarter-finals on Thursday.
The German slumped to a shock 6-3 6-1 defeat to Australia's Daria Gavrilova at Victoria Park.
Kerber, who also suffered a surprise loss to Elina Svitolina in the round of 16 at last week's China Open, committed six double faults.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Andy Murray offers to help bad boy Nick Kyrgios as Novak... Nick Kyrgios crashes out of Shanghai Masters in disgrace and... World No 1 Angelique Kerber through to quarter-finals in... Jo Konta pulls out of Hong Kong Open second round... read more
- 09:35 Doncaster chef lands starring role in new Mrs Brown show on BBC1
- 09:34 Drugs raid on nightclub uncovers 40 cannabis plants
- 09:34 Serious house fire prompts smoke alarm warning
- 09:34 What YOU'VE been saying after police confiscate Mother's Day flowers
- 09:33 Pledge made to cut AIDS deaths
- 09:33 Rio Ferdinand: My kids would not talk about grief
- 09:33 Police concerned for missing man from Boston
- 09:33 Russia covered up a nuclear disaster four times worse than Chernobyl
- 09:33 School of the Week: St Cuthbert’s Primary School, Pateley Bridge
- 09:33 Ending Loneliness campaign event: Special opportunity to volunteer...
- 09:32 Alan Shearer: Jose Mourinho will make life tougher for this...
- 09:32 Louis van Gaal tipped to replace Man United star's dad at Holland -...
- 09:32 Joe Rogan not ruling out Conor McGregor KO'ing Floyd Mayweather: He...
- 09:32 Transfer News: Chelsea deal agreed, stunning Man Utd talks, player...
- 09:32 Biker hurt in west Cumbrian crash
- 09:31 Rush hour collision causes delays for motorists on main Doncaster...
- 09:31 China developers drag down Hong Kong shares after fresh property curbs
- 09:31 Doncaster chef lands starring role in new Mrs Brown show on BBC1
- 09:31 Drivers warned that section of A6 to remain closed until end of August
- 09:31 China upset as Japanese minister visits self-ruled Taiwan
- 09:31 Hong Kong protest leaders ominously told they face charges day...
- 09:31 Kane Williamson hits 148 to hand New Zealand first-innings...
- 09:30 Road blocked due to fracking demonstration
- 09:30 Apparently we should we all be aiming to walk 15,000 steps a day
- 09:30 Boozed-up husband assaulted his wife after a row
- 09:29 £2.37bn overspend on insurance to continue
- 09:29 Drugs raid on nightclub uncovers 40 cannabis plants
- 09:28 Former Coventry City defender Cyrus Christie 'in shock' after...
- 09:28 Former Coventry City loan star Adam Armstrong fires England U20s to...
- 09:28 Ireland v Iceland TV channel, date, kick-off time and odds