Daredevils needed to take the plunge and abseil down iconic Sheffield building
0 Have your say Daredevils are being urged to take the plunge and join in a frightful fancy dress abseil for Halloween.
Volunteers are being sought for the abseil down the Owen Building in Sheffield city centre on Sunday, October 30, dressed as anything from zombies to superheroes.
Those taking part will be descending down a 120ft drop down the landmark building, which is covered with the ‘What If?’ poem by Sir Andrew Motion.
The challenge is to help raise vital funds for the British Red Cross.
There will be prizes for the best fancy dress, best fundraiser and the university with the most... read more
- 12:04 Man City defender Pablo Maffeo opens up about nerves vs Manchester...
- 12:04 Credit to Burnley company defending against card fraud
- 12:03 Bastian Schweinsteiger sends message to Man United players ahead of...
- 12:03 Which type of NOSE do you have? From the Nubian to the Hawk, expert...
- 12:02 West Ham ‘s London Stadium branded a ‘powder keg’ for trouble...
- 12:02 Sir Alex Ferguson lauds Arsenal star Alex Iwobi after winger’s...
- 12:02 Retiring Blackpool hairdresser’s permanent wave goodbye!
- 12:02 Fylde coast shale gas supply chain events planned
- 12:02 Highstreets hit as online retail rise continues
- 12:02 Hotel and pub fined over food hygiene
- 12:01 Tata Steel says European steel plans unchanged
- 12:01 11 things you’re now too old to do at Halloween
- 12:01 Calls for Warwickshire people to ‘stand up and fight’ council cuts
- 12:01 Parents allow kids to spend over 20 hours at computer over half term
- 12:01 Tarporley hosts first inter-schools cross country event of the term
- 12:01 M&S opens pop-up Christmas shop in Leamington
- 12:01 Man in court over suspect North Greenwich Tube device
- 12:00 XV Beyond The Tryline: Watch EXCLUSIVE rugby trailer with Prince...
- 12:00 Tottenham snubbed by Uber over £20m-a-year deal: Picture of model...
- 12:00 This history of McNames - a Scottish surnames McA-Z
- 12:00 Plans to double the number of places at Wellingborough primary school
- 11:59 Diamond confident Cobblers will get Sixfields form back on track
- 11:59 Jones salutes Wood’s improvement after Saints star’s England recall
- 11:59 John Lennon letter to The Queen valued at £60,000 in Liverpool
- 11:57 Manchester United player Henrikh Mkhitaryan was humiliated by Jose...
- 11:56 Former Chancellor Kenneth Clarke MP gives his views to the Herald
- 11:56 Housing and jobs bonanza for Wigan
- 11:56 Asylum seekers receive help in South Yorkshire on how to adjust to...
- 11:55 Calls to save a once-bustling Worksop street that has fallen off...
- 11:55 Asylum seekers receive help in South Yorkshire on how to adjust to...