Danny Willett bitterly disappointed after brother brands US fans 'imbeciles'
Masters champion Danny Willett is "bitterly disappointed" with an article written by his brother which describes American Ryder Cup fans as a "braying mob of imbeciles."
School teacher Peter Willett penned a column for National Club Golfer magazine and offered his forthright opinions on what each side needs to do to secure victory at Hazeltine.
" For the Americans to stand a chance of winning, they need their baying mob of imbeciles to caress their egos every step of the way," he wrote. "Team Europe needs to shut those groupies up.
"They need to... read more
- 11:30 David Davis apologises for unannounced border visit
- 11:30 Plans for 150 homes in Hatton Park due to be heard tonight
- 11:30 Man released after joint enterprise conviction quashed
- 11:30 Kate Middleton red dress is giving us serious Princess Diana vibes
- 11:29 Closing branches leaves ‘sense of decline and despair’, banks...
- 11:29 Using your phone in the passenger seat could land you a £200 fine...
- 11:28 Digital skills partnership launch
- 11:28 Blackpool building firm in £21m city work
- 11:28 Middle earners punished by 'fiscal drag': Higher rate of income tax...
- 11:28 How you could get points and a fine for using your phone as a...
- 11:28 EastEnders spoilers: Phil Mitchell reveals the shocking truth about...
- 11:28 Mohamed Salah is worshipped from the Colosseum to the Kop... here's...
- 11:27 £15,000 campaign to bring wheelchair friendly roundabout to...
- 11:27 TSB boss apologises after customers hit by IT glitches
- 11:25 Plans for 150 homes in Hatton Park due to be heard tonight
- 11:25 Class A drug gang jailed after 18 homes raided by police
- 11:24 Sky Sports pundit makes huge Antonio Conte to Arsenal claim
- 11:24 Liverpool transfer news: Robbie Fowler says superstars set to join...
- 11:24 Meet the Westoe candidates for the South Tyneside local council...
- 11:24 Apple's Shazam takeover investigated by EU competition regulators
- 11:24 Children secure place at preferred Northumberland schools
- 11:22 Students dissolved in acid after being mistaken for Mexican drug...
- 11:22 The idyllic North Yorkshire village that hosts naked swimming sessions
- 11:22 Interviews set to take place for Chester FC job - but here's who...
- 11:21 Pub near Rothwell is county’s best
- 11:21 Excavations will reveal more about ancient henge unearthed in Raunds
- 11:21 Galloway's Society for the Blind CEO completed the London Marathon,...
- 11:21 M55 CRASH: Lorry driver surrenders passport as case begins into...
- 11:20 Artisan Market to bring tasty treats to Brighouse this weekend
- 11:19 Asfordby charity music night raises thousands in memory of Leah