Danish PM casts doubt on reaching Europol deal with EU
Danish Prime Minister Lars Lokke Rasmussen on Thursday cast doubt on whether his country will reach a deal with the EU Commission that will enable it to keep cooperating with Europol, the European police agency.
European Commission Vice President Frans Timmermanns this week told the country's leaders they would not get the cross-border policing deal they have been seeking, following Denmark's referendum vote last December to quit Europol.
Since the referendum, the government has been seeking a "parallel deal" that would still allow it to maintain some cooperation with the police... read more
- 00:01 'Golden trio' of moves boosts chances of female orgasm, say...
- 00:01 Kitchen gadgets review: coconut grater – an ugly pleasure of the flesh
- 00:01 Bogotá, Colombia’s banging capital
- 00:01 With a French partner, I’m scared for my family’s future post-Brexit
- 00:01 A brush with my daughter – how learning about hair made me a better...
- 00:01 Blind date: ‘I hadn't been on a date for some time’
- 00:01 Why I wish I hadn’t blamed my father for all of my faults
- 00:01 How to get your garden ready for spring
- 00:01 'It's very scary in the forest': should Finland's wolves be culled?
- 00:01 Simone Biles: ‘My guiltiest pleasure? A pizza and ice-cream party’
- 00:01 Great little ski resorts: Vaujany, France
- 00:01 Edge of darkness: looking into the black hole at the heart of the...
- 00:01 Roll over, grandma, and tell Robert Peston the news
- 00:01 Britain’s new wave of militant grocers
- 00:01 My grandmother is lying to concoct a fantasy love life
- 00:01 Forget the hangover, under-25s turn to mindful drinking
- 00:01 It’s finally time to say ‘I don’t’ to the solo wedding craze
- 00:01 Heal thyself: meet the doctors living with the conditions they treat
- 00:01 ‘So, you know I have bipolar?’ – the perils of dating with a mental...
- 00:01 Sweet and savoury recipes for pancake day
- 00:01 The 20 best French recipes: part 1
- 00:01 EU states back call for UK to agree €60bn exit bill before trade talks
- 00:01 'Dinner with the Donald': Nigel Farage joins Trump's table at...
- 00:01 Jeremy Corbyn: give Labour more time to develop appealing policies
- 00:01 Swedish MEP says Boris Johnson's liberation comment crossed 'red line'
- 00:01 EU nationals: have you applied for permanent residency? Share stories
- 00:01 What policies should Jeremy Corbyn's Labour pursue?
- 00:01 Dutch woman with two British children told to leave UK after 24 years
- 01:25 Holy Trinity! Kendall Jenner touches down in Paris dressed like...
- 00:01 Revealed: how US billionaire helped to back Brexit