Daniel Kawczynski says MPs and peers applying for EU passports since Brexit vote is wrong
0 Comments Mr Kawczynski, who represents Shrewsbury and Atcham, has said that neither those serving in the House of Commons or the House of Lords should hold dual citizenship.
The Conservative, who was born in Poland, said: “MPs and peers should not be like ships flying flags of convenience. We are British and have loyalty to one nation and one sovereign.”
Mr Kawczynski’s comments came after it was claimed that the number of MPs and peers who have applied for Irish passports in the wake of the Brexit vote had reached double figures. Ireland citizenship criteria allows people with Irish... read more
- 19:41 Modern car headlights are ‘blinding drivers’ even when dipped
- 19:41 Lys Assia, the winner of the first ever Eurovision Song Contest,...
- 19:40 Scottish Labour MEP: ‘Second EU referendum is only fair action’
- 19:39 Drones sent in to catch fly-tippers in the act
- 19:38 England U21 2-1 Romania U21: Jake Clarke-Salter enjoys dream debut...
- 19:35 Incredible bird lays two triple yolkers in one month
- 19:33 James Collins strikes for Luton Town and deepens Barnet woes
- 19:33 Paul Smyth winner puts late spring in Michael O’Neill’s second coming
- 19:30 Chilling images inside home where teenager made bomb planted on Tube
- 19:29 League One round-up: Stefan Payne strikes as Shrewsbury go back top...
- 19:29 League Two round-up: Marc McNulty hat-trick sees Coventry continue...
- 19:22 Two men in 20s shot outside Mile End tube station
- 19:22 Kit de Waal: ‘I read my first novel aged 22’
- 19:20 Liverpool bench can’t control laughter at John Aldridge tumble...
- 19:17 James Doyle jockeys’ title hopes in focus after Addeybb’s Lincoln win
- 19:17 PSG hold talks with Antonio Conte’s representatives over summer move
- 19:16 This is when the clocks change this weekend
- 19:12 Saracens 24-11 Harlequins: Liam Williams and Maro Itoje tries see...
- 19:12 Charlton boss Lee Bowyer challenges players to crash League One...
- 19:04 WEEKEND WEB: Order repeat prescriptions in plenty of time for Easter
- 19:03 When do the clocks go forward tonight, and why?
- 19:02 How Jose Mourinho’s rift with Paul Pogba started at Manchester United
- 19:00 When does the minimum wage go up 2018?
- 18:57 Michael Vaughan slams Steve Smith after Australia captain admits to...
- 18:54 'We have achieved nothing yet' - Coventry City boss Mark Robins has...
- 18:51 Carer sacked after filming Alzheimer’s sufferer crawling on floor
- 18:50 Lottery grant funds heritage skills placements
- 18:50 Two boys arrested after video captures commuter being brutally...
- 18:48 Spen Valley High School’s Mrs McConnell retires after 30 years
- 18:47 Lottery grant funds heritage skills placements