'Dangerous' overhanging Gwynedd trees finally get the chop
Scottish Power has chopped down overhanging conifers which were in contact with electricity cables.
Residents on Station Road, Llanrug had raised concerns that the trees posed a "health and safety risk" to pedestrians back in May.
Scottish Power finally completed work to fell the trees yesterday, much to the delight of local residents.
Llanrug councillor Charles Jones, who had criticised the utility firm for not acting sooner, said residents are happy that the trees have now finally been cut back.
Read More BT to axe 200 Gwynedd phoneboxes ... some of which haven't made a single... read more
- 08:08 Russell Westbrook named MVP of the season at NBA awards after...
- 08:08 Shrewsbury Town to become first English club to follow Celtic and...
- 08:08 Lewis Hamilton vows to beat rival Sebastian Vettel 'the right way'...
- 08:08 All Blacks flanker Jerome Kaino insists he would never...
- 08:07 Woman who set fire to her partner's belongings does not have to pay...
- 08:06 Ice cream rush helps supermarket sales soar in June
- 08:06 Troops in Myanmar's Rakhine on high alert after killings of Rohingya
- 08:06 Carlisle woman tried to steal takeaway delivered to her home
- 08:06 Which? reveal best and worst broadband speeds in the UK
- 08:05 Derbyshire GP who blogged about her bipolar disorder committed suicide
- 08:05 Antonio Conte still threatening to quit Chelsea over transfers
- 08:05 Waterloo Road bridge to close for repairs
- 08:04 10 police stations to close to the public
- 08:04 Alvaro Morata to Chelsea: Antonio Conte to hijack Man Utd move -...
- 08:04 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp still wants Virgil van Dijk but deal...
- 08:03 Italian doctor who worked at Leicester Royal Infirmary had not...
- 08:03 Fire at three-storey premises caused by faulty sewing machine
- 08:02 How do street performers float? The levitating trick explained
- 08:02 Rare opportunity to buy Windermere lakeside plot and boat house
- 08:01 Middlesbrough slap £25m fee on Ben Gibson: Boro don’t want to sell,...
- 08:01 Sing a song for us Andrew Bridgen! North West Leicestershire MP...
- 08:01 Don't be tempted to swim in dangerous water - no matter how hot it...
- 08:01 Thousands of pets in the East Midlands at risk of deadly diseases
- 08:01 Homeless man stole deoderant to sell for food in Worksop
- 08:01 Morrisons introduces puppets into all stores to teach kids the...
- 08:01 15 things all surfers know to be true
- 08:01 International Sunglasses Day: What your sunglasses type says about you
- 08:00 Nikkei rises for 3rd day as weak yen supports; steel shares soar
- 08:00 Stada buyout falls short of shareholder acceptance target
- 07:58 Alexandre Lacazette transfer looks ideal for Arsenal, says...