'Dangerous' overhanging Gwynedd trees finally get the chop
Scottish Power has chopped down overhanging conifers which were in contact with electricity cables.
Residents on Station Road, Llanrug had raised concerns that the trees posed a "health and safety risk" to pedestrians back in May.
Scottish Power finally completed work to fell the trees yesterday, much to the delight of local residents.
Llanrug councillor Charles Jones, who had criticised the utility firm for not acting sooner, said residents are happy that the trees have now finally been cut back.
Read More BT to axe 200 Gwynedd phoneboxes ... some of which haven't made a single... read more
- 11:31 Horror as abandoned Bulldog is found with horrific skin condition
- 11:31 West Brom: The bumper list of free transfers available for Tony...
- 11:31 Aston Villa: The bumper list of free transfers Steve Bruce could...
- 11:30 When do the clocks go forward in 2017? Here's what you need to know...
- 11:30 Robbie Savage: I was right about this Manchester United star
- 11:29 Karim Benzema gives striker transfer advice: Man United and Arsenal...
- 11:28 Aldi shoppers warned over this fake voucher scam
- 11:28 Uma Thurman co-star Rosie Day in Coventry to visit baby hospice
- 11:28 This Keresley home with STUNNING landscaped gardens could be yours
- 11:27 Search is on for war hero's family after medal is found buried in...
- 11:26 Teen dies after taking elephant tranquilisers bought illegally on...
- 11:26 Man with Derbyshire links was sat next to bomber in Brussels terror...
- 11:25 QUICK QUIZ: The week in questions
- 11:24 A very wise person has developed a wine bottle that doesn’t drip
- 11:24 Barcelona given asking price for star man: Liverpool won't be happy
- 11:24 Seven days left to avoid higher car tax bills: Cost of new vehicles...
- 11:24 This referee has been red-carded after 40 years - here's why
- 11:23 71 Brewing: Beer from the heart of Dundee
- 11:21 Wayne Rooney slams Neil Taylor over tackle which broke Seamus...
- 11:21 Three arrested in St Helens over attack in Asda car park
- 11:20 Tributes pour in for Ripley teen who died after South Normanton...
- 11:19 Watch: Drugs raid and police crackdown sees four arrested across...
- 11:18 10 things we didn't know last week
- 11:18 Police investigate serious assault in Dumfries town centre
- 11:18 Driver arrested after traffic light fall kills man, 55
- 11:17 Syrian army pushing back insurgent offensive, military source says
- 11:17 Iraqi forces pause Mosul push over concern for civilian casualties
- 11:17 Alexis Sanchez statue complete with Arsenal badge unveiled in Chile
- 11:16 Coventry City vs Bristol Rovers LIVE: Build-up, action and reaction...
- 11:15 Bolesworth Proms names Claire House Children's Hospice as partner...