DAN HYDE: Travel insurers really can be a cynical bunch.... so beware the traps they set
Travel insurers really can be a cynical bunch.
I'm sure you've noticed that most firms now advertise millions of pounds of cover for unexpected medical bills, knowing full well that the likelihood of your submitting such a large claim is almost nil.
Behind this clever veneer, they hide nasty catches that — as 62-year-old retired teacher Marian Mortimer found — can leave you deeply out of pocket.
What rankles most about her story was that the £7,500 bill she incurred was the result of a medical disaster.
Yet, because her husband Stephen died before they could return home, her insurer Avanti... read more
- 15:49 How killer superbugs like MRSA are being spread around hospital...
- 15:49 Computers can now keep SECRETS: Google's neural network is learning...
- 15:48 Sun reporter Anthony France 'delighted' as payments conviction quashed
- 15:46 Fate of Co-op in Huyton that closed with no explanation revealed
- 15:47 Man who raped teenager sees ‘unduly lenient’ jail term extended
- 15:46 Lancashire homes left without power
- 15:46 For Sale signs up on Liverpool Municipal Buildings
- 15:46 Siblings to climb Ingleborough mountain for hospice
- 15:45 Fire alarm in Skegness sparked by dust
- 15:43 Injury update on Hartlepool United duo
- 15:43 District set to respond to boundary proposals
- 15:42 Rangers boss Mark Warburton shoots down speculation over Wigan job...
- 15:42 Grimsby Town INJURY NEWS: Midfielder set to be out for 'a while'...
- 15:41 Scottish Secretary David Mundell says coming out as gay was 'one of...
- 15:41 Brexit vote hits Bucher's street and sewer cleaning sales
- 15:41 ECB's Nowotny says December meet will decide on QE, what assets to...
- 15:41 Cameron Fields admits murdering Adam Bent in knife attack in...
- 15:40 Winsford company director loses bid to reduce jail term
- 15:40 Student protects teacher by knocking out classmate who punched her...
- 15:39 Emeka Obi appears to confirm Liverpool transfer move on Twitter
- 15:39 Who is Eric Molina the boxer rumoured to face Anthony Joshua in...
- 15:38 Fifty Shades of Grey artwork launched in Nottingham
- 15:38 Is Remembrance only for older veterans?
- 15:36 Ladies vintage watch handed in at Leamington Police Station
- 15:35 Nissan decision to build new Qashqai and X-Trail in Sunderland...
- 15:34 Brexit vote a chance to ‘rebuild’ Scotland’s digital policy
- 15:33 Socialists to fight Rajoy's policies in new Spanish government
- 15:33 Hull City of Culture 2017: How to get free tickets to spectacular...
- 15:32 Help deter unwanted trick or treaters by displaying free poster
- 15:32 Man City prospect Maffeo could be the solution to Guardiola's...