DAN HYDE: Stand up for us against the scheming firms running our services, Mrs May!
At last we have a Prime Minister who seems to understand the plight of the ordinary men and women of this country.
For too long, the public has been fed this phoney line that if only we would shop around for our energy, broadband, banking and savings, everything would be all right.
The truth is, we're sick of being blamed by politicians and regulators for the failings of the giant firms running our basic services.
These powerful companies shouldn't be free to exploit our loyalty by greedily selling us rip-off deals just because there's a 'lack of competition' in the market.
In that regard,... read more
- 02:22 Man dies on Oxbridge 'Varsity' ski trip to French Alps
- 02:12 China services sector activity expands at quickest rate in 16...
- 02:00 Turner Prize winner to be announced
- 01:58 Snacking on nuts each day can cut disease risk
- 01:52 Emerald Demelza! Poldark star Eleanor Tomlinson looks striking in a...
- 01:52 'It doesn't make sense': Adam Thomas's soap star brother Ryan...
- 01:52 London calling! Supermodel Gigi Hadid cuts a low key figure as she...
- 01:52 Ain't nothing like a dame! Judi Dench wraps up in a chic camel coat...
- 01:52 It's a cover up! Nicole Scherzinger goes from dramatic cleavage...
- 01:52 'Who is this imposter?' Twitter goes wild as viewers accuse Lady...
- 01:52 For the Friel of it! Anna leads the style at the British...
- 01:48 Most foreign firms owning London property are registered in tax...
- 01:38 Trump to meet with retired U.S. Admiral Stavridis on Thursday
- 01:36 Oh my Gogglebox! Scarlett's queen of the jungle
- 01:36 New crisis for EU as Italy's PM quits after crushing reforms defeat
- 01:36 Briton dies on Oxbridge ski trip to French Alps
- 01:35 Decorated football coach linked with abuse at two clubs: Dario...
- 01:35 Andy Woodward calls on FA to support new Trust for victims and...
- 01:35 Crisis club Crewe sent boys to disgraced former Southampton coach...
- 01:35 Shenzhen - Hong Kong trading scheme kicks off
- 01:30 Fidel Castro funeral subdues Cuba's popular Santeria festival
- 01:28 Want, need, wear, read: Will the 'four gift rule' take off?
- 01:23 Inside the ‘tinderbox’ Oakland Ghostship commune where at least 33...
- 01:20 Euro zone seeks compromise on Greek debt ahead of IMF deadline
- 01:20 Airbus chief wants soft Brexit, higher German military budget
- 01:20 100 Women 2016: Indian women 'loiter' in public places at night
- 01:13 New Zealand Prime Minister Key announces surprise resignation
- 01:11 Killer drivers could face life sentences under Government crackdown
- 00:58 Panasonic in talks to buy ZKW for up to $1 billion - Nikkei
- 00:58 BMW seeks to be 'coolest' ride-hailing firm with autonomous car