Damning report reveals North Wales health board's 'unacceptable' failings in urological care
North Wales urology patients have been left wearing catheters for a year - four times longer than the recommended maximum of three months- increasing the risk of complications and infections, a damning report has revealed.
The report, which follows snap inspections in May sparked by worried male patients, highlights “unacceptable” failings in Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board’s urological services, including lost patient lists and practices being used which are 30 years out of date.
In some cases records were so poor it was not always known when and why catheters were first fitted,... read more
- 22:57 Anthony Joshua will not fight Wladimir Klitschko in December
- 22:55 U.S. scientist dies in snowmobile plunge in Antarctica
- 22:54 Young Liverpool goalkeeper Kamil Grabara, 17, looks like a...
- 22:54 Anthony Joshua forced to wait until next year for Wladimir...
- 22:52 Sheldon strikes to secure cup progress
- 22:51 Plastic surgeon posted photos of his patients going under the knife...
- 22:51 Boy, 7, miraculously survives horror crash on motorway
- 22:51 Vincent Kompany gives Man City fans honest update on injury situation
- 22:51 Arsene Wenger: This is my verdict on Arsenal's title chances
- 22:51 Championship boss confirms Man United forward is devastated to be...
- 22:46 Alex Neil: I won't do my old mate Garry Monk any favours
- 22:46 UFC: Beneil Dariush could have been an accountant instead of a fighter
- 22:45 US changes toddler screen time advice
- 22:43 Aid must provide value for money, says minister Priti Patel
- 22:41 KEVIN DE BRUYNE EXCLUSIVE: Pep Guardiola's way is the only way......
- 22:40 Venezuela political foes to hold talks as crisis deepens
- 22:38 Aaron Wilbraham: Tammy Abraham needs my help off the pitch... he...
- 22:38 Man City captain Vincent Kompany has warning for Jose Mourinho...
- 22:38 Leicester defender Christian Fuchs: I want to play in MLS
- 22:38 Harry Arter: I've made up my mind on which international side I'll...
- 22:38 Jose Mourinho: My Manchester United players need to man up
- 22:38 Jurgen Klopp: This is my message for out-of-favour Liverpool attacker
- 22:38 Newcastle expecting to make history against Preston
- 22:38 Moussa Sissoko suspension leads to opportunities for Tottenham...
- 22:38 David Moyes: This is what I have to say to Sunderland fans who want...
- 22:38 Ice hockey: Corey Neilson has warning for Nottingham players
- 22:38 Liverpool hero makes big claim about Man United star following...
- 22:38 Double injury blow ahead of Manchester derby
- 22:37 Exclusive - Philippines police plan new phase in drugs war: sources
- 22:37 Major collision on A38 sliproad