Damning report reveals North Wales health board's 'unacceptable' failings in urological care
North Wales urology patients have been left wearing catheters for a year - four times longer than the recommended maximum of three months- increasing the risk of complications and infections, a damning report has revealed.
The report, which follows snap inspections in May sparked by worried male patients, highlights “unacceptable” failings in Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board’s urological services, including lost patient lists and practices being used which are 30 years out of date.
In some cases records were so poor it was not always known when and why catheters were first fitted,... read more
- 06:20 Guest Column: We must ensure the great British pub doesn’t die out
- 06:18 A right royal occasion at Horncastle Primary School
- 06:17 North End frontman Maguire gets a breather
- 06:16 Champions League final: Former Reds ace REFUSES to travel to Kiev...
- 06:16 Revving up for Motor Festival
- 06:15 Grand-daughter of Rushden-born author H E Bates calls for...
- 06:15 Headteacher’s pride at Ofsted report for Earls Barton school
- 06:15 NSPCC urges Northamptonshire families to give exam pupils ‘vital’...
- 06:15 Corby mum hopes ‘Wear It Purple’ Day will be biggest yet
- 06:14 Residents vent frustrations over crime and anti-social behaviour
- 06:14 Young people have chance to join police cadets
- 06:14 Music and beer festival returns to cricket club for fourth year
- 06:14 Arson attacks rise by more than a third in last two years
- 06:14 Pond weed affecting wildlife in Hartlepool park
- 06:14 Budding Hartlepool actors audition for new film set to be created...
- 06:14 Blackpool: From the courts 25-05-18
- 06:12 Guest Column: We must ensure the great British pub doesn’t die out
- 06:10 World War One Veterans' Association founder dies aged 91
- 06:10 Windrush citizens trapped in Jamaica criticise British officials
- 06:10 Windrush scandal: 'You don't need that passport, they said'
- 06:08 Unai Emery will NEVER win Arsenal the Premier League claims former...
- 06:04 Champions League final: Liverpool's road to Kiev - who did they...
- 06:04 Champions League final: Salah given Ronaldo and Messi challenge by...
- 06:04 VIDEO: A masterclass in the art of the summer barbecue
- 06:03 NSPCC urges Northamptonshire families to give exam pupils ‘vital’...
- 05:58 Indigenous children's removal on the rise 21 years after Bringing...
- 05:57 DAVID WOODS COLUMN: Who calls shots at Arsenal? Chelsea star should...
- 05:57 World Cup 2018: England ace Fabian Delph clear to leave for birth...
- 05:56 ‘It’s worse than murder’: how rural America became a hospital desert
- 05:56 Close result expected in Ireland's abortion referendum