Dame Lowell Goddard received £80,000 after quitting child sex abuse inquiry
The New Zealand high court judge's end of contract agreement was two months' salary, plus allowances, it is understood. The cost of flights home, as set out in Dame Lowell's terms, was also covered.
Her departure in August rocked the inquiry, which has been beset by problems since it was first launched in 2014.
Dame Lowell, who became the third chairwoman to resign, later called for the probe to be overhauled, saying "there is an inherent problem in the sheer scale and size".
Reports emerged shortly before her resignation was announced that Dame Lowell had spent more than 70 days... read more
- 07:15 Ten inspirational women from Hull who should have a statue like Amy
- 07:15 Sparkling performance sees Joanne Clifton top the leader board for...
- 07:15 What would happen if a nuclear bomb hit Hull?
- 07:15 Cleethorpes Beer Festival proves a tasty day out - pictures
- 07:15 'We were fined at the Tesco St Stephen's car park'
- 07:15 Drone footage shows how the birds view Haile Sands Fort
- 07:15 Cocktail maker preparing to shake things up in Russia!
- 07:15 Crime hotspots: Latest figures reveal the top offences where you live
- 07:15 Revealed: Full cost of fly-tipping to taxpayers in Grimsby area...
- 07:13 Black Friday is back - when is this year's major sale event?
- 07:12 FARMING MATTERS: Self sufficient farmers wives
- 07:12 Lewis White and Adam Peaty are guests of honour as Derbyshire...
- 07:11 Councillor pledges to reverse any changes to taxi licensing if...
- 07:10 How Manchester United should line up vs Chelsea
- 07:10 How Man City should line up vs Southampton
- 07:10 With people out of work or suffering wage cuts this should be...
- 07:10 Blasts injure people in Japanese city
- 07:07 Big charity total raised by store staff
- 07:05 This test will determine just how much control your cat has over you
- 07:05 12 people on the quickest ways they’ve seen their friends mess up...
- 07:04 Opium crops spread in Afghanistan as Taliban gains ground, U.N. says
- 07:04 Ecuador’s Yasuni park: where oil vies with tourism for the rainforest
- 07:01 ScotRail goes from bad to worse despite promises from Abellio to...
- 06:57 Three quarters of parents think mobiles have negative effect on...
- 06:57 Migraine sufferers ‘should avoid processed meats and leafy greens’
- 06:57 BUSINESS EYE: Not our finest hour...
- 06:57 Center Parcs backs Tommy’s Super Sibling Award 2017
- 06:55 Lincolnshire Trading Standards warning over fireworks being...
- 06:42 Family of woman feared beaten to death in Israel smeared by Police...
- 06:47 Give A Pet A Home: Dogs at Animal Lifeline in need of homes