Dame Lowell Goddard preferred to work alone, MPs told
Dame Lowell Goddard, the former head of an inquiry into child sexual abuse, kept panel members at a distance and would have rather worked alone, MPs have heard.
Professor Alexis Jay, her successor, told the Commons Home Affairs Committee that despite this, they tried to make arrangements work.
Dame Lowell Goddard, the inquiry's third chairwoman, resigned in August.
The committee is quizzing new chair Alexis Jay and two panel members.
- 17:58 New airport hotel announces job vacancies - and the staff benefits...
- 17:53 Benevento 1-2 Sassuolo: Home side become first team ever to lose...
- 17:51 Updates as head-on car crash closes this main road for hours
- 17:50 Be on the lookout for this iconic Mini stolen from Huddersfield
- 17:48 Peddling fast to help with medical research
- 17:48 School pupils take part in Lord Mayor’s Show
- 17:46 Pickpocket concert warning as 53 mobile phones nicked at Royal...
- 17:44 Festive fun at prize bingo and craft fairs
- 17:44 Manchester United star Zlatan Ibrahimovic pens heartfelt message to...
- 17:44 Welsh Premier League: Citizens clinch double over Nomads
- 17:44 Hearts 1 Partick Thistle 1 as Kris Doolan spoils the Tynecastle party
- 17:41 Referrals to mental health service for children rocket in Cumbria -...
- 17:40 Grigor Dimitrov v David Goffin: ATP World Tour Finals – live!
- 17:40 VIDEO: Festive fun at Maryport Christmas lights event
- 17:40 Referrals to mental health service for children rocket in Cumbria -...
- 17:39 Peter Kay tickets on sale for £900 EACH as fans face huge online...
- 17:35 British sailer swept to his death in Clipper Round the World Yacht...
- 17:35 Arsenal’s Shkodran Mustafi reveals what he told Mesut Ozil moments...
- 17:34 Bull reported loose on side of the road near Southwell
- 17:34 Vigilante hunters 'serving up' one paedophile a week to police
- 17:34 Transfer talk: Nottingham Forest, Sheffield United & Fulham feature
- 17:32 Queen dons stylish trench coat during horse ride at Windsor Castle
- 17:30 Rhyl teenager missing from home for more than 24 hours
- 17:29 Car implicated in infamous North East murder sold for more than...
- 17:26 A1 reopens after almost five hours after woman airlifted to hospital
- 17:24 Neighbours take law into their own hands over dog poo
- 17:24 What actually happens when you are made redundant - and what are...
- 17:23 Gerry Adams says he understands how the families of the victims of...
- 17:21 We deserved to win says Dragons boss Dean Keates
- 17:21 Leeds United back to winning ways despite more penalty woe