Damaged sewer was to blame for Stamford’s sinkhole, says council
0 Have your say A damaged sewer has been blamed for causing a large hole to open up in the middle of one of Stamford’s busiest junctions.
As previously reported here, the hole - which was said to be around three deep and six feet long - was spotted last Wednesday afternoon at the junction of Scotgate and West Street.
The junction had to be partly closed and temporary traffic lights were put in place, leading to frustrating delays for motorists.
Lincolnshire County Council said today that work to repair the sewer and fill in the hole was now almost complete.
A spokeswoman said: “The cause... read more
- 00:15 HEALTH NOTES: Amanda Holden's 'tough love' cure for the common cold
- 00:15 Memory test that helps stop bipolar disorder which affects 1% of...
- 00:13 Apotex founder Barry Sherman and wife found dead at home under...
- 00:13 BBC issues BIZARRE job advert for post in world’s MOST REMOTE island
- 00:07 Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid star makes surprise Barcelona...
- 00:06 Downton Abbey FILM slated for summer 2018
- 00:02 Pensions: Automatic saving to start at 18 under new plans
- 00:01 World War 3: China told to ‘MOBILISE ITS DEFENCES’ for war with...
- 00:00 Gary Smith: Battle against fake news enters the classroom
- 00:00 Travel: Beijing
- 00:00 Do Not Disturb: The Principle Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow
- 23:58 Studio celebrates year in Glasgow and eyes growth
- 23:58 Dani Garavelli: Police Scotland firearms policy lacks scrutiny
- 23:59 Knicks vs Thunder LIVE stream: How to watch New York against...
- 23:58 Cameron to lead billion-dollar China trade fund
- 23:58 Insight: The Scots investors in the Bitcoin boom
- 23:53 Chelsea defender David Luiz heading for January exit amid...
- 23:52 Anthony Joshua will become greater if he fights Tyson Fury, says...
- 23:43 MND campaigner in plea for more home care
- 23:41 Manchester City mock rivals United with 'park the bus' chant...
- 23:37 Pro-life group fights plans to allow women to have home abortions
- 23:37 Euan McColm: Rage at rebels betrays panic of Brexiteers
- 23:37 BBC Alba children’s drama picked up for broadcast across Europe
- 23:37 Leader: Taxing private schools won’t raise standards
- 23:36 Jonny Evans could become West Brom's highest earner in attempt to...
- 23:36 Will Jose Mourinho's plots damage England? The last thing the FA...
- 23:36 Images show how aid changes lives in the Amazon
- 23:33 Jermain Defoe's bond with seriously ill boy touched the nation:...
- 23:32 Manchester United will move to re-sign Jonny Evans in January...
- 23:28 Australian captain Steve Smith bowled over by fiancee's support as...