Damaged sewer was to blame for Stamford’s sinkhole, says council
A damaged sewer has been blamed for causing a large hole to open up in the middle of one of Stamford’s busiest junctions.
As previously reported here, the hole - which was said to be around three deep and six feet long - was spotted last Wednesday afternoon at the junction of Scotgate and West Street.
The junction had to be partly closed and temporary traffic lights were put in place, leading to frustrating delays for motorists.
Lincolnshire County Council said today that work to repair the sewer and fill in the hole was now almost complete.
A spokeswoman said: “The cause turned out to be a... read more
- 00:12 Do YOU know who your rivals in the office are? Experts find most of...
- 00:12 Google taking on Uber with 'carpool' service using its Waze app
- 00:12 Hackers can steal your information simply by analyzing the LED...
- 00:12 On the 20th anniversary of Dolly's birth, researchers reveal they...
- 00:11 Banks' bond trading up in 2016 for first time since 2012 after...
- 00:06 All-important antidote to mindless Hollywood pulp
- 00:06 Time to mothball divas’ swansong opera
- 00:07 Paige Doherty's family start #NoJusticeForPaige campaign and call...
- 00:06 The veins Nafta opened in Mexico
- 00:06 Hamilton rallies against ‘outdated’ Formula One
- 00:06 Gymnastics doc accused of sex crimes
- 00:06 Laidlaw out: A massive loss
- 00:06 Tata must honour its pledge to steel workers
- 00:06 A man at the heart of battles that shaped countless lives
- 00:06 ‘Fortress Australia’ – Government seeks Trump-like powers against...
- 00:07 Not tonight, I really DO have a headache: One in 100 suffer 'coital...
- 00:07 HS2 work to start after final hurdle cleared
- 00:06 Corbyn is no whipping boy
- 00:06 Ecuador: Presidential election goes to run-off
- 00:06 Turkey: Pro-Kurdish party leader jailed for five months
- 00:06 United States: Jewish centres targeted by bomb threats
- 00:06 May under pressure from own side over Dubs plan
- 00:06 Unison fights challenge to rerun election
- 00:06 New Met chief Dick ran op which killed Menezes
- 00:04 Henrikh Mkhitaryan speaks out on injury: Man United star 'happy and...
- 00:03 Thousands of doctors trained in Europe 'may quit UK after Brexit'
- 00:03 Forget five a day, eat 10 portions of fruit and veg to cut risk of...
- 00:01 Chelsea manager Antonio Conte stresses the importance of a 'family...
- 00:00 Topshop warehouse workers to walk out
- 00:00 Cancer rates at a new high, ONS reports