Dalton chef banned from driving for three years after pleading guilty to drink-driving
Dawn Newby, 55, of Brookvale, Swarthmoor, who works at High Tide Cafe in Dalton leisure centre, was stopped on Friday September 16 shortly after 8pm in Nelson Street after police received information that Newby's breath smelt of alcohol.
Mr Lee Dacre, prosecuting, told Furness Magistrates' Court that Newby was breathalysed by police and measured at 48 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath with 35 being the limit.
He also told the court that Newby has one previous conviction in 2014 after failing to stop following an accident. She was also charged with drink-driving for this... read more
- 10:06 This lorry driver's heartfelt letter to people of Derby after being...
- 10:05 Literary and Scientific Society: Inequality and social anxiety
- 10:05 Price of stamps to increase
- 10:03 Arsenal starlet stretchered off after suffering serious looking injury
- 10:03 Derbyshire still high risk area for bird flu
- 10:02 What cheese makes the best cheese on toast?
- 10:00 Driver who speeded along Lincoln's busiest city centre road ordered...
- 10:00 Ask Andy: Should couples have threesomes and how to bat off...
- 09:59 What cheese makes the best cheese on toast?
- 09:58 Chelsea star sends emotional message to Premier League rival
- 09:58 Taliban leader urges Afghans to plant more trees
- 09:56 ECB won't end asset purchase program all of a sudden, Weidmann says
- 09:56 Euro zone economy - real recovery or another Sirens' song?
- 09:54 What cheese makes the best cheese on toast?
- 09:52 How to get 18 holiday days by booking just nine...
- 09:48 3,000 people to have no Job Centre if Government plans go ahead
- 09:48 South African deputy finance minister named in police probe -...
- 09:46 What cheese makes the best cheese on toast?
- 09:45 What cheese makes the best cheese on toast?
- 09:45 PNE focus on the kids
- 09:44 Locked up in February: Pimps and violent kidnappers among Coventry...
- 09:44 COLUMN: Digital world opens door to crime
- 09:44 Nine shops we've loved and lost in Nuneaton
- 09:44 How to get 18 holiday days by booking just nine...
- 09:42 Men who sup more than seven pints of beer a week for several years...
- 09:41 COLUMN: Digital world opens door to crime
- 09:41 How to get 18 holiday days by booking just nine...
- 09:40 How to get 18 holiday days by booking just nine...
- 09:39 Has this Wirral village got too many pensioners living in it?
- 09:39 Man City player Yaya Toure explains why he's so good at penalties