Dalian Wanda woos Hollywood filmmakers to China
China's Dalian Wanda has said it will give foreign movie and TV firms huge discounts to film at their new studio.
The firm has set up a five-year, $750m (£613m) fund with the Qingdao government to give rebates of up to 40%.
Wanda, owned by China's richest person Wang Jianlin, aims to woo Hollywood directors to China.
It's another step to boost its Hollywood footprint after investing in cinema chains and a production studio.
At the announcement in Los Angeles, Wanda also called for more co-operation between US and Chinese filmmakers.
'Chinese tastes' Wanda's Qingdao Movie Metropolis site... read more
- 09:44 Boy's sailing dream rescued by Harrogate optician
- 09:43 Approval for affordable homes for single people and couples in Peak...
- 09:43 When is Storm Brian coming and where will it hit the UK?
- 09:42 Katie Price claims she’s received texts from Chris Hughes’ friend...
- 09:41 Radio industry stalwarts and pop groups at Leeds awards ceremony
- 09:40 Wold Top’s rural project award
- 09:40 Revealed: How utility firm blunder led to flooding of North...
- 09:40 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:40 Council to decide how to demolish the Futurist
- 09:38 Mum forced boy, 11, into sex on camera before sick footage was sold...
- 09:37 What is the net worth of prospective Newcastle owner Amanda Staveley?
- 09:37 Dracula flies into Chorley
- 09:37 Tributes as ex-Doncaster Rovers fans' director and former Donny Dog...
- 09:37 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:37 Tribute paid to former teacher killed in crash
- 09:37 Making a big difference to streets
- 09:36 Pick your team for Burton Albion's trip to Nottingham Forest
- 09:36 'Serious incidents' hit three month high at Nuneaton's hospital
- 09:36 When do the clocks go back in 2017? End of British Summer Time looms
- 09:35 Barcelona technical director 'watches Anthony Martial in action for...
- 09:35 Hair: The Musical 50th Anniversary REVIEW: A lively revival
- 09:35 MH370: Malaysia in deal with US firm to restart plane search
- 09:34 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:34 Lancashire County Council's £28m cost of care for region's...
- 09:34 Liverpool news LIVE updates: Barcelona Coutinho bid, Milner not for...
- 09:33 Iranian told he cannot stay in UK
- 09:33 Orange walks at risk following fresh legal advice
- 09:32 Kevin De Bruyne names Mancester City’s main rival for the Premier...
- 09:32 Properties evacuated in Cleveleys after 'gas leak' fears
- 09:32 Chelsea staff fear ‘dead man walking’ Antonio Conte will be sacked