Dalbeattie wheelchair tennis player Keith Thom disappointed at first round ITF Open Comunidad de Madrid exit
Dalbeattie wheelchair tennis player Keith Thom was disappointed to exit the ITF Open Comunidad de Madrid in Spain at the first hurdle.
In fact, Keith suffered the same fate as the other three Brits, going out to strong Spanish opposition in the first round. Playing at midday in 32 degrees Keith found the conditions tough along with playing at 667m above sea level, which influenced the ball characteristics during play.
A few positives were taken from the event with Keith working on a few new things which hopefully will benefit him during the indoor season over the next few months.
Despite... read more
- 13:42 Óscar Tabárez: unbowed by illness and adding beauty to Uruguay’s grit
- 13:41 Blood-sucking flies to toxic caterpillars: the insects set to swarm...
- 13:41 'Near miss' road incident sees Ashby farm's illegal business...
- 13:39 Edible coating allows avocados to stay ripe for twice as long
- 13:39 Government will review ban on cannabis for medicinal use
- 13:39 Paul Williams MP: ‘We need to transfer power from hospitals to GPs’
- 13:38 Medicinal cannabis use to be reviewed by government
- 13:38 'County will rise above gloomy predictions'
- 13:38 Subway aims for 75 new outlets in North West
- 13:37 Linton Bridge reopens to traffic after closurer
- 13:36 Siblings in six-month challenge after dad's cancer diagnosis
- 13:35 Wave of support for school's ban on parents wearing pyjamas
- 13:35 Super League side Hull Kingston Rovers team up with Coventry Bears
- 13:35 Former Coventry City goalkeeper signs up at League One rivals
- 13:35 When are Coventry City's 2018-19 League One fixtures announced?
- 13:35 When does the transfer window close in summer 2018 - all you need...
- 13:32 Mum accused of biting woman's finger off in garden fight says trial...
- 13:32 Secret to happiness is to live in a big city like London or New York
- 13:31 Burton Albion's record on the opening day as EFL fixture release...
- 13:30 'Commie cadet' who wore Che Guevara T-shirt kicked out of US army
- 13:29 Green giant: can Glasgow's new School of Art eclipse Mackintosh's...
- 13:27 Daunting start for Hoppers in National League
- 13:27 Leeds ‘UFO’ likened to Death Star makes national headlines
- 13:26 The UK could legalise medicinal cannabis after major government review
- 13:26 Roofer Ashley Wilkes jailed for killing much-loved dad Christopher...
- 13:25 Tributes to 'lovely' 21-year-old whose death sparked police murder...
- 13:22 Man attacked pregnant girlfriend with Samurai sword because she...
- 13:22 Digital marketing agency sees 50% revenue jump after run of client...
- 13:22 Collision involving lorry and a car near St Peter's Bridge
- 13:21 Nabil Fekir to Liverpool: Sky Sports pundit claims Lyon transfer...