DAILY BRIEFING: Banking giant ING to axe 7,000 jobs in the Netherlands and Belgium
BANKING CUTS Dutch banking giant ING is to take the axe to 7,000 jobs in two countries as part of a major cost-cutting drive.
The job losses will take place in the Netherlands and Belgium and are part of plans to save £773million a year by 2021.
A total of 3,500 staff will lose their jobs in Belgium and another 2,300 in the Netherlands, with the rest of the cuts set to fall on suppliers.
ING said it made the decision in the face of 'continuous regulatory burden and a prolonged period of ultra-low interest rates'.
The firm also said that it will invest £697million in 'digital... read more
- 12:10 What your school pencil case said about you
- 12:09 You could earn £50,000 working for the RAC
- 12:09 What TV channel is Manchester City vs Manchester United on? Derby...
- 12:09 Nottingham-made website Profit Accumulator claims to remove all...
- 12:08 Launch of Valley author’s debut novel
- 12:08 Hartlepool teen who battled back from two brain operations calls on...
- 12:08 Government urged to end 'secrets' over Orgreave and give former...
- 12:08 Pupils at South Shields school tuck into healthy food in Five A Day...
- 12:07 Girl, 17, and two men quizzed by police after shots fired at homes...
- 12:06 Disney's Frozen 2 has FINALLY been given a release date
- 12:05 Northumberland Livestock
- 12:05 Printing error leads to some postal votes being done again
- 12:05 Happy 100th birthday Ethel
- 12:05 Protestors lodge last-ditch plans
- 12:05 A fabulous feast for folk at Filey festival
- 12:04 Tour de Yorkshire: Forged by legacy
- 12:04 Knights of St. Columba present £1,200 charity cheques
- 12:04 Traders set the stalls out on big market move
- 12:04 Antisocial behaviour in Cumbrian town to be addressed
- 12:03 Airbus CEO calls Austria fraud probe political abuse of system
- 12:03 AstraZeneca hopes to escape drug sales trough in second half
- 12:03 REVIEW: Catching the early bird at The Sparling Barton is highly...
- 12:03 Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish drops out of Dragons' Den...
- 12:02 Harry’s flying high ahead of 90th birthday glider flight
- 12:01 Knife crime rises 14% as downward trend reverses
- 12:01 How to spot an email phishing scam
- 12:01 SLIDESHOW: Scouts parade through Brighouse for St George’s Day
- 12:01 "Have I been sacked? No!" Radio Sheffield host Toby Foster responds...
- 12:00 Change to parking charges at Peterlee Community Hospital
- 12:00 Diesel scrappage scheme and toxin tax – How much will it cost, when...