Dad of 'beautiful and caring' teenager who died from cancer says the 'world just stopped' when she was diagnosed
The dad of a ‘beautiful and caring’ teenager who died from a rare form of bone cancer says no parent can ever prepare themselves for the news their child has the disease.
Katie Thorburn sadly passed away in April 2014 aged 16 following an 18-month battle with osteosarcoma.
The Stockport Grammar School student, who was a keen netball player, began experiencing pains in her knee, which doctors repeatedly put down to a strain.
Her dad Andy said: “Katie was a very sporty person, she loved her netball and hockey.
“One day she started complaining that her knee was sore, she’d had knee pain before... read more
- 10:37 Ed Sheeran sends special video message to four-year-old Melton girl...
- 10:36 Tamworth FC looking for a winning send-off
- 10:36 Teenage girl raped in Northumberland park
- 10:35 Tour de Yorkshire: Day Two live blog
- 10:35 Bayern muscle in on Barcelona and Real Madrid target as agent...
- 10:35 Loads of people are having sex in airports instead of on planes
- 10:33 Travel: The ten best beaches in Scotland
- 10:33 Travel: Glamping in an eco-friendly den in west Wales
- 10:33 Travel: the adventurer who rowed across the Mediterranean
- 10:32 Ex-Emmerdale actress Roxanne Pallett on beauty secrets
- 10:31 These are Steve Bruce's main contenders for Aston Villa's player of...
- 10:31 Blackburn Rovers vs Aston Villa TV details: Who is in the teams?...
- 10:31 West Brom vs Leicester City TV details: What time is kick-off? Who...
- 10:30 Man City star's comments could spark huge swap deal - and it's bad...
- 10:29 Incredible Edible: Going ‘edimental’ along the canal
- 10:28 Father of three wins legal fight against British Airways as the...
- 10:28 EXCLUSIVE: Sure beats a tent! Bella Hadid relaxes in bikini in...
- 10:28 Wonderful Wales! Rolling valleys, magnificent castles and...
- 10:28 Police are trying to trace men in connection with attempted bank...
- 10:27 Bank holiday misery for drivers as A1 is closed
- 10:26 48-year-old man stabbed to death on bus named
- 10:26 Man due in court over fatal stabbing in east London
- 10:26 Hundreds seeking compensation over ops by convicted breast surgeon
- 10:26 Theresa May commits to delivering HS2 rail link
- 10:25 CCTV of moment sex attacker stalked victim hours before marrying...
- 10:25 Bar flouts food safety laws by selling cheaper version of spirit
- 10:25 The Nostalgia Column with Margaret Watson
- 10:24 Teens jump 20ft from window to escape armed intruder who planned to...
- 10:24 Take a look at David Beckham as he swaps the football kit for a...
- 10:24 Celebrating boxing's greatest fight nights in Britain