Dad escapes jail term after battering son with a baseball bat and threatening him with a machete
A father has been given a suspended jail sentence after he assaulted his son with a baseball bat and threatened him with a machete.
Leeds Crown Court heard Mark Grogan had been out earlier drinking with his son Alex without any problem on January 15.
His son and a friend had returned with Grogan to his flat in Dewsbury where the drinking continued until the early hours. After the friend left both men fell asleep.
Bashir Ahmed, prosecuting, said the problems began when Grogan woke up and realised two treasured air rifles had gone and blamed his son or the son’s friend.
That led to an... read more
- 19:16 Tim Farron says he doesn’t think gay sex is a sin after finally...
- 19:15 Louth Bowls: Fast Shippers snatch title from Rockset
- 19:15 Thousands diagnosed with cancer 'had previously visited their GP...
- 19:15 'Bulldozer' clears 'travellers' dumped waste from Derby park at...
- 19:15 REVEALED: Why getting TOO MUCH sleep at the weekend can harm your...
- 19:15 Exercise keeps dementia at bay: Running and walking 'significantly'...
- 19:15 Exclusive - French relief sets up ECB for change of tack in June:...
- 19:14 Walsall v Port Vale: Three changes for Vale in bid to beat relegation
- 19:14 Election: Theresa May urges voters to 'strengthen my hand'
- 19:14 U.S. slams South Sudan's Kiir over 'man-made' famine, urges truce
- 19:14 Budapest university head seeks EU help against closure threat
- 19:14 Coca Cola to cut 1,200 jobs
- 19:14 Man high on cocaine and cannabis ploughed car into lamppost near...
- 19:12 Dad's death treated 'as murder' after he dies following horrific crash
- 19:12 TV chef Colin McGurran judges Great Scunny Bake Off
- 19:11 Real Madrid star Sergio Ramos given ban for tackle on Barcelona's...
- 19:11 Cesar Azplicueta: Chelsea must do this against Southampton
- 19:11 Man admits wounding charge after stabbing in Lincoln
- 19:11 WATCH Dog found badly hurt and mistreated taken to Crowfoot Kennels...
- 19:10 Q&A: Hedge fund executive Simon Lorne talks Trump, Brexit and...
- 19:09 Start the Train for London’s West End
- 19:09 How eating human food is putting dogs at serious risk
- 19:09 How to tell if you're descended from Vikings - by using your surname
- 19:09 Courts: High-speed driver chased by police through Coventry
- 19:09 Watch: Hooded cyclists put lives at risk with stupid stunts in fast...
- 19:08 Sherwood MP slammed by watchdog for gaining “undue advantage” with...
- 19:08 COURT LISTS: Who’s been up before Mansfield magistrates?
- 19:07 World War 3 will begin on May 13 – and it’s going to go nuclear,...
- 19:07 Stinger device used in police investigation over vehicle thefts
- 19:07 Gedney Hill hospital volunteer wins countywide award